News & Notes
Over on cable, HBO has the season finale of In Treatment, Sci Fi has two Battlestar Galactica specials, and VH1 has the season finale of Free Radio.
In returning Friday show news, CBS will have new episodes of Ghost Whisperer and Numb3rs and Sci Fi Channel will have season four of Battlestar Galactica starting next week.
NCAA Championship Tournament (CBS): Sweet 16 – Day 2. Only one really good game last night, but you can’t get much better drama than a close game that goes into overtime, too bad West Virginia couldn’t hit a free throw. Four more games tonight. Will Davidson or Villanova get a double-digit seed into the Elite 8?
Grey’s Anatomy (ABC): Repeat. Episode three from this season, “Let the Truth Sting,” replays, where the other interns are enamored by George’s skills, Meredith actually helps Lexie, and Callie is finally let in on George and Izzie.
Canterbury’s Law (FOX): New. Making its move to Friday nights after two weeks of really bad ratings on Mondays. If things don’t improve quickly, it may not be around on Fridays for very long either. Tonight, the Deputy Attorney General is coming after Elizabeth and trying to prove she broke the law to win a recent case.
Dateline 20/20 (NABC): New. Pick one or none, as this hour of primetime looks pretty bleak tonight, for non-basketball fans or basketball fans on the west coast. At least we can look forward to the return of Numb3rs next week.
Good Eats (Food Network): Repeat. Alton goes through the many uses of vinegar. Plays again later.
Rachael Ray’s Tasty Travels (Food Network): Repeat. Rachael treks around L.A. looking for good eats. Plays again later.
Monk (USA): Repeat. “Mr. Monk and the Birds and the Bees” replays, where Monk tries to help educate Natalie’s daughter in the ways of love.
Battlestar Galactica: Revealed (Sci Fi): New Special. The executive producers, Ronald D. Moore and David Eick, of the show talk about the past three seasons and the upcoming fourth, which premieres next Friday. Plays again later and a couple times next week, but you can watch it now, or anytime, or download it free at .
Battlestar Galactica: Phenomenon (Sci Fi): New Special. Actors, creators, musicians and more, like Seth Green (Robot Chicken, Buffy the Vampire Slayer), S. Epatha Merkerson (Law & Order), Ed Quinn (Eureka), Joss Whedon (creator Firefly, Buffy the Vampire Slayer), talk about the shows impact on pop culture and just how much they frakkin’ love it. As with the Revealed, this too plays again later and a couple times next week, but you can watch it now, or anytime, or download it free at Unbox.
- Bones (FOX): Repeat. Brennan and Bones investigate when a body and drugs are found after a wall falls down at a dance club, in the episode “The Man in the Wall” from season one.
- Diners, Drive-Ins & Dives (Food Network): Repeats. Guy checks out places with food “Like Mama Made” and then gets “Totally Fried.” Both episodes play again later.
- What Not to Wear (TLC): New. A former stripper that wears things that are too small gets made over. Plays again later.
- CBS has NCAA Championship Tournament action.
- ESPN2 has Friday Night Fights with a junior middleweight bout scheduled for 10 rounds.
- Dirt (FX): Sunday’s episode, “Ties That (Don’t) Bind,” replays, where starts things back up with a powerful recording executive.
History Channel has five hours of American Eats episodes early and again later.
MTV has 12 episodes of America’ Next Top Model.
Sci Fi has eight episodes of Level 9 early.
VH1 has the five-part 100 Greatest Songs of the ‘90s.