News & Notes
Over on cable, ABC Family has the spring premiere of Wildfire, BBC America has the season finale of Top Gear, VH1 has the third season finale of The Flavor of Love, and WE has the first season finale of High School Confidential.
Everything that is going to be back post-strike will be back this week. So, I thought since this was the first week in a while that everything is new, it would fun to add an extra bit of info to this week’s Tonight on the Tube posts. Bold Italic Items signify what shows the TVaholic is watching, or recording, or watching on demand, etc., tonight. Let me know what you will be watching tonight in the comments. Let’s find out if you watch more or less than the TVaholic?
The Big Bang Theory (CBS): New. Penny finds the guys’ obsession with props from sci-fi movies and comic books to be quite pathetic.
How I Met Your Mother (CBS): New. As you may have seen last week, Barney broke the “bro code” and has to suffer the consequences this week after Ted finds out.
House (FOX): New. House and Amber are at each other over how much time the other gets to spend with Wilson. Cuddy wants House to provide performance reviews for his team.
CSI: Miami (CBS): New. The target of a robbery gives up a shocking secret after a body found in a sinkhole leads the team to knowledge of the robbery.
Bones (FOX): New. Booth and Brennan investigate after a woman dies after she is run off the road, but her baby survives the crash. Booth, Bones and a baby should be pretty funny.
Two and a Half Men (CBS): New. Charlie is after his soon-to-be stepsister, while Alan is planning their mother’s wedding.
Rules of Engagement (CBS): New. Jeff is trying to take off a few pounds before he goes in for an insurance medical exam.
Medium (NBC): New. Joe gets Allison a used car that is in fabulous shape, only to find out that it was used in a brutal crime that was never solved.
Greek (ABC Family): New. Rusty is after a possible new girlfriend. Casey finally comes to terms with her feelings about Evan. Plays again late night tomorrow and again before next week’s new episode. Over at theTVaddict, they have an interview with Jacob Zachar, who plays Rusty, you may enjoy.
Wildfire (ABC Family): Spring Premiere. Jean is injured and it puts Kris and Junior’s wedding plans on the backburner. Plays again later.
Diners, Drive-Ins & Dives (Food Network): Repeats. Guy visits places to find great “Italian” food and then goes on the hunt for a “Big Breakfast.” Both episodes play again later.
- Dirty Jobs (Discovery Channel): New. Mike works with cows. Plays again later.
- Good Eats (Food Network): New. Alton makes some cupcakes. Plays again later.
- Gossip Girl (The CW): New. Serena’s former gal pal and troublemaker, Georgina Sparks, is back in Manhattan. Nate and Vanessa get cozy. Jenny may have just met the guy that could permanently cement her place on the A-list.
- One Tree Hill (The CW): New. Lindsay comes back to Tree Hill for Jaime’s birthday party. Lucas thinks he may have a chance with her. Brooke and Peyton are dealing with having a baby in the house. Dan tells Nathan and Haley a secret he has been keeping. Who do you think Lucas should be with, Lindsay or Peyton?
- Samantha Who? (ABC): New. Jerry O’Connell (Crossing Jordan) makes an appearance as a guy that Sam wants to use to make Todd think she has moved on, but she may have met him before and doesn’t remember. This would normally get picked over Rules of Engagement, but it airs after a 98 minute Dancing With the Stars, giving it a funky start and end time tonight.
- ESPN has Monday Night Baseball with the New York Yankees at the Cleveland Indians.
- ESPN2 has Arena Football action.
- NBA TV has playoff action with the Toronto Raptors at the Orlando Magic.
- TNT has a NBA playoff doubleheader with the Boston Celtics at the Atlanta Hawks followed by the Los Angeles Lakers at the Denver Nuggets.
- Versus has NHL playoff action with the Montreal Canadiens at the Philadelphia Flyers.
- Burn Notice (USA): Repeat. Episode two, “Identity,” replays. Episode three plays late night Thursday.
MTV has seven episodes of America’s Next Top Model early.
Oxygen has 10 episodes of Living Single.
Sci Fi has eight episodes of Doctor Who early.
Travel Channel has eight episodes of Anthony Bourdain: No Reservations.