News & Notes
Over on cable, ABC Family has the two-hour TV movie premiere of Picture This! , BBC America has a Plastic Surgery Junkies With Louis Theroux special, HBO has the miniseries premiere of the seven part Generation Kill, Style has a Kimora: Life in the Fab Lane special, and VH1 has the series premiere of Brooke Knows Best
Well, the Saturday Interview Collection posted. Here’s hoping that I get lucky and can login again and post this before the days emails are set to go out to subscribers. I sure hope my hosting provider Hostgator gets to my support ticket sometime soon, cause this is totally frustrating.
Well, the above paragraph was written about five hours ago and things still aren’t working properly. I reset the time subscriber emails are to be sent out by Feedburner, which would normally be sending about two hours ago. Actually, was just able to login, so hoping this will post.
The Simpsons (FOX): Repeat. Lisa enters a film about her family at the Sundance Film Festival, in “Any Given Sundance” from this past season.
Aliens in America (The CW): Repeat. Everyone has a significant other, at least for a little while, in “Raja at Sixteen.”
Cold Case (CBS): Repeat. The murder of an Amish teen is reinvestigated, in “Running Around” from this past season.
Flashpoint (CBS): Repeat. The premiere episode from Friday night, “Scorpio,” replays. It wasn’t bad, but it wasn’t great. I did like that it showed there are consequences to a job like this. Probably a bit more realistic showing of what happens, instead of just a bunch of cowboys and girls saving the day. It star Enrico Colantoni (Verioncia Mars, Just Shoot Me) as the team leader of a SWAT like team in Toronto.
Everybody Hates Chris (The CW): Repeat. Chris tries to get invited to a spin the bottle party after learning that Tasha is attending, in “Everybody Hates the First Kiss” from this past season.
King of the Hill (FOX): Repeat. An emergency meeting is called at the school after a kid goes missing and Peggy’s parenting skills come under question, in “Behind Closed Doors” from this past season.
Extreme Makeover: Home Edition (ABC): Repeat. A family in Kentucky with a blind and disabled son gets a renovation by the team.
Desperate Housewives (ABC): Repeat. Victor wants to know about Gaby’s affair with Carlos and Bree tries to tell Susan that she thinks Mike may have a drug problem, in “You Can’t Judge a Book by Its Cover” from this past season.
Food Network Challenge (Food Network): New. Home bakers compete in the “Pillsbury Bake-Off” for a shot at a million dollar prize. Plays again later.
Law & Order: Criminal Intent (USA): New. Logan and Wheeler are up this week and are investigating the case of a bludgeoned talk show host. Plays again later.
Army Wives (Lifetime): New. Claudia Joy is trying to help a soldier that is hesitant about his deployment and the gossips are starting to talk about Denise and the motorcycle doc. Last week’s episode, “The Hero Returns,” replays right before. Both episodes play again later.
- Generation Kill (HBO): Miniseries Premiere. This seven part miniseries is a fictionalization of the book by Evan Wright. He was a reporter embedded with the U.S. First Recon Battalion during the Iraq invasion. The first episode begins with the unit awaiting orders and finding out that they will have a reporter tagging along with them. Runs 75 minutes. Plays again later.
- In Plain Sight (USA): New. A family is forced to enter WITSEC after their daughter witnesses a murder. The transition is not an easy one. Plays again later.
- The Next Food Network Star (Food Network): New. Each contestant has to cook the ultimate version of their signature dish as well as a version of the other competitors’ dishes. Plays again later.
- ABC has a WNBA game.
- CBS has the final round of the John Deere Classic golf tournament.
- ESPN has women’s soccer action with Brazil vs. U.S. National Team and later Sunday Night Baseball with the Colorado Rockies at the New York Mets.
- TBS has MLB action with the Baltimore Orioles at the Boston Red Sox.
- Versus has cycling action with the Tour de France, Stage 9.
- Road Tasted With the Neelys (HBO): Sneak Peek Premiere. Premieres Tuesday, July 22nd. The Neelys take over for the Deen boys and travel the country looking for unique handcrafted food items. San Diego is visited in this episode. Plays again later.
ABC Family has three Bring It On movies.
Bravo has six episodes of Project Runway.
MTV has 14 episodes of Run’s House.
TV One has 12 episodes of Wanda at Large.
USA has five episodes of Law & Order: Criminal Intent followed by five episodes of Law & Order: Special Victims Unit.
VH1 has the five-part 100 Greatest Teen Stars.