News & Notes
On cable tonight, BBC America has the sixth season premiere of Top Gear, HBO has a China’s Stolen Children special presentation, History Channel has a two-hour Ancient Ink special, and TNT has the fourth season premiere of The Closer and the second season premiere of Saving Grace.
The Big Bang Theory (CBS): Repeat. Sheldon gets kicked off the Physics Bowl team because he keeps try to show how smart he is, in “The Bat Jar Conjecture.”
How I Met Your Mother (CBS): Repeat. Ted throws a bunch of parties at his place in hopes of spending more time with Robin, in “Purple Giraffe” from season one.
House (FOX): Repeat. A film crew is following around House and his fellowship candidates for a documentary on their patient, in “Ugly” from this past season.
CSI: Miami (CBS): Repeat. A team member gets fired due to a personal problem that conflicts with a current case, in “Burned” from season five.
Bones (FOX): Repeat. The remains of a boy are found when a class opens up a 20-year-old time capsule, in “Boy in the Time Capsule” from this past season.
Two and a Half Men (CBS): Repeat. Charlie is teaching Alan how to break up with a woman, in “Meander to Your Dander” from this past season.
The Big Bang Theory (CBS): Repeat. Leonard finally gets up the courage to ask out Penny and they both seek advice from Sheldon on what to do, in the first season finale, “The Tangerine Factor.”
Dateline NBC (NBC): New. Not really a recommendation, but more of a this is slightly better than The Bachelorette reunion special in the final hour of primetime.
Army Wives (Lifetime): Repeat. Last night’s episode, “Thicker Than Water,” replays. Plays again Saturday late night and Sunday right before the next new episode.
The Closer (TNT): Season Premiere. The Priority Homicide Division takes on a large arson case when Griffith Park goes up in flames and multiple deaths result. For more on the episode, read review, watch video clips, watch a season three recap and read an interview with Kyra Sedgwick. Should have photos from the episode posted later today.
Saving Grace (TNT): Season Premiere. Grace is dealing with the result of finding out the priest that sexually abused her as a child is still alive and also takes down a really bad guy while off duty. For more on the episode, read review, view photos, watch a season one recap and watch video clips. Will have an interview with Holly Hunter later today or tomorrow, once I finish transcribing it.
- Anthony Bourdain: No Reservations (Travel Channel): New. Anthony explores “Columbia.” Plays again later.
- Diners, Drive-Ins & Dives (Food Network): New. Guy explores “Diners You Sent Me To,” where he visits some viewer choice joints. A repeat episode follows. Both play again later.
- Good Eats (Food Network):
NewRepeat. Alton deals with a “ Tuna, Surprise!Great Balls of Meat” Plays again later.
- Gossip Girl (The CW): Repeat. Fun at the school pool after hours ends up with someone getting injured and the school threatening expulsion to the people responsible for the party, in “School Lies”
- How’d That Get On My Plate? (Food Network): New. See how milk goes from the cow to ice cream, string cheese and more. Plays again later.
- The Middleman (ABC Family): New. They are dealing with trout eating zombies this week. Plays again later. I think I have officially given up on this show.
- One Tree Hill (The CW): Repeat. What will Peyton do on Lucas and Lindsey’s wedding day, in “Hundred” from this past season.
- Secret Diary of a Call Girl (Showtime): New. One of Belle’s regulars wants to try taking on two women at once this time. Plays again later.
- Unwrapped (Food Network): New. Marc Summers deals with a “Cheese Please.” A repeat episode precedes it. Both play again later.
- Weeds (Showtime): New. Guillermo has a new job for Nancy and it isn’t as bad as she thought it was going to be. Celia’s deal gets her close to the real action. Plays again later.
- ESPN has the 2008 Home Run Derby.
- Versus has cycling action with the Tour de France, Stage 10.
- The Bill Engvall Show (TBS): Repeat. Last Thursday’s episode, “Susan’s Best Friend,” replays.
- Burn Notice (USA): Repeat. Last Thursday’s season two premiere episode, “Breaking and Entering,” replays.
Oxygen has 10 episodes of Living Single.
Sci Fi has eight episodes of Doctor Who early.
TNT has nine hours of The Closer season three episodes leading up to tonight’s season four premiere.