News & Notes
Over on cable, BBC America has a Fastest Man on No Legs special, E! has the series premiere of Pam: Girl on the Loose and the second season premiere of Sunset Tan, HGTV has the third season finale of Design Star, History Channel has the first season finale of Tougher in Alaska, Spike TV has the first season finale of Factory, and WE has the second season premiere of Wedding Central.
In The Next Food Network Star news, Aaron McCargo, Jr.’s new show, Big Daddy’s House begins this afternoon at 1:30 p.m. Eastern/Pacific and 12:30 p.m. Central. Read an interview with Aaron. Also, still wondering what would your Food Network show be?
The Simpsons (FOX): Repeat. Sideshow Bob, voice by Kelsey Grammer (Back to You, Frasier) is laying in wait for the Bart and family at a restaurant, in “Funeral for Fiend” from this past season.
The Simpsons (FOX): Repeat. Homer has lost the last 24 hours of his memory and must figure out what happened to get his family back, in “Eternal Moonshine of the Simpson Mind” from this past season.
Extreme Makeover: Home Edition (ABC): Repeat. A family of seven goes on vacation to Florida while the team redoes their house.
Desperate Housewives (ABC): Repeat. Katherine is not being able to keep her secrets under wraps and Susan’s younger cousin has a secret of his own, in “Sunday” from this past season.
Everybody Hates Chris (The CW): Repeat. Chris is willing to do anything to get the money to go to a concert, in “Everybody Hates the BFD” from this past season.
Aliens in America (The CW): Repeat. Things don’t turn out well when Raja gets a job at a convenience store and Justin and the guys begin hanging out there, in “Help Wanted.”
Million Dollar Password (CBS): Repeat. Betty White was one of the celebrity participants.
Cold Case (CBS): Repeat. Lily and Scotty travel to Knoxville, TN to investigate the 2000 case of a male singer that was murdered, in “The Red and the Blue” from season four.
Food Network Challenge (Food Network): Repeat. Young talented chefs compete in food competitions. Plays again later.
Law & Order: Criminal Intent (USA): New. Goren and Eames are on the case and investigating the case of a student’s death at an elite private school. Plays again later.
Mad Men (AMC): New. Duck tries out an odd approach with a client. Paul is having a party. The agency has a conflict of interest, but goes after an account anyway. Plays twice and again later.
- Army Wives (Lifetime): New. Denise finds out that her husband will be returning on leave from Iraq and must decide what to do about her relationship with Getty. Roxy decides to get her GED. Last week’s episode, “Loyalties,” replays right before. Both episodes play again later.
- Generation Kill (HBO): New. Part four of seven. A supply truck gets looted and it puts First Recon down to one meal a day. Runs 75 minutes. Plays again later.
- In Plain Sight (USA): New. Mary’s Russian witness that we met in the “Pilot” episode has fallen for a guy that just happens to be one of Marshall’s Russian witnesses. Plays again later.
- Iron Chef America (Food Network): New. Chef Tyson Wong Ophaso challenges Iron Chef Morimoto. Plays again later.
- ABC has golf action with final round of the Ricoh Women’s British Open followed by X Games 14 coverage.
- ESPN has NASCAR racing with the Sprint Cup: Pennsylvania 500 and later Sunday Night Baseball with the Philadelphia Phillies at the St. Louis Cardinals.
- ESPN2 has basketball action with Russia vs. United States.
- NBC has the final round of the Senior U.S. Senior Open Championship golf action and later Sunday Night Football with the “Hall of Fame Game.”
- TBS has MLB action with the Los Angeles Angels at the New York Yankees.
- Breaking Bad (AMC): Repeat. Episode two “Cat’s in the Bag…” replays. Episode three plays next week.
MTV has 11 episodes of True Life.
Style has seven episodes of Clean House early.
TLC has 14 episodes of Little People, Big World.
truTV has five episodes of Black Gold.
USA has last week’s episodes of Monk, Psych, Burn Notice, and In Plain Sight early followed by three episodes of Law & Order: Criminal Intent followed by five episodes of Law & Order: Special Victims Unit.
VH1 has the five episodes of I Love Money tonight.