News & Notes
On cable tonight, BBC America has the second season premiere of Skins, Food Network has the series premiere of Chef Jeff Project, Sci Fi has the TV movie premiere of Swamp Devil special, VH1 has a I Love Money reunion special and the second season premieres of Rock of Love Girls: Charm School and The Pick-Up Artist, and WE has the first season finale of Amazing Wedding Cakes.
Valentine (The CW): New. It’s scripted and with no Simpsons because of baseball it makes the prime pick in the first hour of primetime by default. I’ve seen this episode and didn’t care anymore for it than last week’s premiere. A perfume chemist is in need of help from the gods.
Desperate Housewives (ABC): New. Susan and Gaby are going at it. Bree’s daughter comes back to town. Lynette is less than enthused when she learns of Tom’s new garage band.
Brothers & Sisters (ABC): New. Sarah and Sol are almost at their breaking point with Holly. Kevin experiences prejudice at his job. Justin deals with the return of a soldier that he saved in Iraq.
The Amazing Race (CBS): New. The teams have to compete in Bolivian wrestling and clothing goes missing and I couldn’t care less, even though this is about as good as you can get in the reality genre.
Cold Case (CBS): New. A woman that worked with freedom schools in 1964 and was murdered gets her case reopened after new direction is found on the case.
The Unit (CBS): New. While tracking a nuclear weapons smuggler, Jonas finds that their main contact is selling young girls on the side.
Food Network Challenge (Food Network): New. Cake decorators build city skylines out of cake and the winner gets $10,000. Plays again later.
Dexter (Showtime): New. Dexter comes across another predator, but this one seems to like children. He wants to take him out, but his personal code only allows him to go after those that have already killed. Plays again later.
Mad Men (AMC): New. Don takes a trip to Los Angeles and makes some new friends. Peggy is looking for a little romance. Plays twice and again later.
- Army Wives (Lifetime): New. Lost of things are in transition. Last week’s episode, “Thank You for Letting Me Share,” replays right before and both play again later.
- Californication (Showtime): New. Ashby and Hank get into it over a prostitute that they have both been with when she says Hank was better. Plays twice.
- Chef Jeff Project (Food Network): Series Premiere. Chef Jeff takes in six young adults in trouble and gives them a chance to change their lives, as he knows from experience where the wrong choices can lead. Plays again later.
- Easy Money (The CW): New. Morgan is trying to find out where he or his sister is the adopted one. Brandy’s husband continues on the get rich quick schemes.
- Entourage (HBO): New. Dom gets himself in trouble and wants Vinny to bail him out after a police chase. Ari makes a golf wager in an attempt to get Vinny a part. Phil Mickelson is on the other team. How funny would it be if Ari won the bet because Phil misses a three-foot putt on the 18th hole?
- Iron Chef America (Food Network): New. Iron Chef Bobby Flay takes on NYC chef Daniel Angerer. Plays again later.
- Skins (BBC America): Season Premiere. Tony is not the same person after the accident. Maxxie wants to head to London to perform. Last week’s season one finale replays right before and both play again later.
- CBS has NFL action.
- FOX has NFL action and later Game 3 of the MLB NLCS.
- NBC has Sunday Night Football with the New England Patriots at the San Diego Chargers.
- Breaking Bad (AMC): Repeat. Episode five, “Gray Matter,” replays.
- The Cleaner (A&E): Repeat. Last Tuesday’s episode, “Five Little Words,” replays.
- The Shield (FX): Repeat. Last Tuesday’s episode, “Animal Control,” replays.
- Sons of Anarchy (FX): Repeat. Last Wednesday’s episode, “AK-51,” replays.
- The Starter Wife (USA): Repeat. Last Friday’s two-hour series premiere episode, “The 40-Year-Old Virgin Queen; The Diary of a Mad Ex-Housewife,” replays. It also replays earlier in the day.
A&E has five episodes of CSI: Miami tonight.
ABC Family has eight episodes of Nanny 911 early.
Bravo has nine episodes of Project Runway.
Discovery Channel has 10 episodes of Planet Earth.
Oxygen has 10 episodes of Snapped tonight.
TLC has 20 episodes of Little People, Big World.
Travel Channel has seven episodes of Anthony Bourdain: No Reservations.
VH1 has the five-part 100 Greatest Hip Hop Songs.