News & Notes
Over on cable, A&E has the third season premiere of Paranormal State, Food Network has the series premiere of Will Work for Food, and TLC has a Little People Count special.
Note: For those that receive TVaholic via email, sorry about yesterday’s not being delivered. Google is moving Feedburner, which sends the site content via email, under the Google umbrella. So, I moved my account, as they requested, and while all the information was transferred correctly, they didn’t send out the email this morning. Hopefully, this won’t happen again today, although if it does, you won’t be reading this message.
House (FOX): New. The show takes over its new night and time tonight with the team is trying to figure out what is causing severe chronic pain for their patient. Foreman and Thirteen try and figure out things relationship-wise. Cuddy is trying to take care of her new baby and run the hospital.
24 (FOX): New. Jack tries to take the situation into his own hands. Renee gets in over her head. Having only one hour tonight after having four in two nights last week, just seems like not nearly enough. What did you think of the first four hours?
CSI: Miami (CBS): New. Ryan has a connection to the case of a murder that happens during a horse race.
The Big Bang Theory (CBS): New. Sheldon thinks he has found a scientific way to make new friends.
How I Met Your Mother (CBS): New. Barney and Ted, in an attempt to meet up with college girls, offer to keep MacLaren’s open during a blizzard.
Two and a Half Men (CBS): New. Alan thinks Judith is pregnant with his child. Charlie thinks he knows why Jake is in such a combative mood.
Worst Week (CBS): New. Sam does something that goes wrong.
The third hour network selections are pretty weak and not even worth mentioning here.
The Secret Life of the American Teenager (ABC Family): New. Ricky’s dad shows up with a plan for his son and his baby. Plays again later twice.
Kyle XY (ABC Family): New. Kyle is worried after a psychic predicts Amanda may be in danger. Lori is still pissed about what she saw at the after party. Plays again late night tomorrow.
Diners, Drive-Ins & Dives (Food Network): New. Guy checks out some “Neighborhood Favorites.” A repeat episode follows. Both play again later.
- Anthony Bourdain: No Reservations (Travel Channel): New. Tony visits “DC.” Plays twice and again later.
- Good Eats (Food Network): New. Alton works with ginger. Plays again later.
- Gossip Girl (The CW): New. The students all find out who is getting into Yale after early admissions are announced. Chuck finds an interesting ally to go up against his uncle Jack.
- One Tree Hill (The CW): New. Lucas and Julian have to pick a director. Peyton is not sure what to make of a gift from Lucas. Brooke doesn’t know what to do relationship-wise.
- Will Work for Food (Food Network): Series Premiere. Adam Gertler, who was a finalist on The Next Food Network Star goes around working different food related jobs. In this one he works as a lobsterman and collects honey. It’s sort of a food edition of Discovery Channel’s Dirty Jobs, but probably funnier, as Adam has a pretty good sense of humor. It’s really what kept him in the competition on The Next Food Network Star. Plays again later.
- ESPN has doubleheader college basketball action with Syracuse at Pittsburgh followed by Texas A&M at Kansas.
- ESPN2 has women’s college basketball action with Connecticut at North Carolina followed by tennis action with Day 2 coverage of the Australian Open.
- TNT has doubleheader NBA action with the Phoenix Suns at the Boston Celtics followed by the Cleveland Cavaliers at the Los Angeles Lakers.
- Versus has NHL action.
- Monk (USA): Repeat. Last Friday’s episode, “Mr. Monk on Wheels,” replays.
- Psych (USA): Repeat. Last Friday’s episode, “Lassie Did a Bad Bad Thing,” replays.
Cartoon Network has 28 episodes of The Powerpuff Girls.
Discovery Channel has 12 episodes of Man vs. Wild.
Oxygen has 12 episodes of America’s Next Top Model.
Sci Fi has nine episodes of Star Trek: Enterprise followed by six episodes of Lost.
Spike has 10 hours of CSI: NY episodes.
TLC has 19 episodes of Jon & Kate Plus 8.