News & Notes
Tonight, ABC and NBC are doing what I would like to see them continue to do, if they aren’t going to program originals for Saturday nights. The are doing what I call “Second Chance Saturday.” Replaying programs from earlier in the week and giving you a second shot of watching them.
Over on cable, Animal Planet has the AKC Agility Invitational 08/09, Hallmark Channel has the TV movie premiere of The Good Witch’s Garden, and TNT has the TV movie premiere of Gifted Hands: The Ben Carson Story.
In late night, Bravo has a Make Me a Supermodel meet the models special.
Grey’s Anatomy (ABC): Repeat. In “Beat Your Heart Out” from Thursday, Derek is trying to find the perfect way to propose. I haven’t watched this yet, or the Private Practice that follows, but ABC had been advertising this as a crossover, but it sounds like the real crossover stuff takes place next week and this just laid the ground work. Also, it is funny to me how this episode somehow fits into 60 minutes tonight and played over 62 on Thursday, so they could get those extra couple minutes of ads at the Grey’s rate instead of the lower Practice rate.
Private Practice (ABC): Repeat. In “Acceptance” from Thursday, Addison’s brother has bad seizure and she and Naomi try and figure out what caused it.
Desperate Housewives (ABC): Repeat. In “The Best Thing That Ever Could of Happened,” which was the last new episode from a couple of weeks ago, has Beau Bridges (Stargate SG-1) guest starring as a handyman. They did a really good job of inserting him into the ladies’ back-story.
Heroes (NBC): Repeat. In “A Clear and Present Danger” from Monday, Nathan is behind a government plan to round up people with special abilities. Better than the last volume, but I just hope that they have chosen sides and stick with them. There has been too many of them flopping back and forth between good and bad.
NCIS (CBS): Repeat. In “About Face” from last season, Jimmy is the only one that knows what the killer looks like, so he becomes a target.
Law & Order: Special Victims Unit (NBC): Repeat. In “Hothouse” from earlier this season, Benson and Stabler end up investigating human trafficking after a girl is found dead in the Hudson River.
Food Network Challenge (Food Network): Repeats. Get your chocolate competition fix with these three competitions all dealing with chocolate. All three plays again later.
- ABC has college basketball action.
- CBS has a college basketball action followed by Round 3 coverage of the Buick Invitational golf tournament.
- ESPN has five college basketball games.
- ESPN2 has five college basketball games.
- FOX has NASCAR racing action with the Budweiser Shootout.
- Golf Channel has Round 3 action of the FBR Open.
- NBA TV has the Denver Nuggets at the New Jersey Nets.
- The Beast (A&E): Repeat. Thursday night’s episode, “Infected,” replays. Plays again later.
- Burn Notice (USA): Repeat. Thursday night’s episode, “Seek and Destroy,” replays. Also replays earlier in the day with the last couple of episodes.
- MADtv (FOX): Repeat. Repeat episodes will follow the expanded editions of Talkshow With Spike Feresten for the next few weeks.
- Saturday Night Live (NBC): New. Bradley Cooper hosts with musical guest TV on the Radio.
- Talkshow With Spike Feresten (FOX): New. Dana Carvey and Perez Hilton are the guests on this hour long edition.
A&E has five episodes of Flip This House and later seven hours of CSI: Miami episodes.
Bravo has 12 episodes of America’s Next Top Model.
Discovery Channel has five episodes of Dirty Jobs tonight.
truTV has five episodes of Dominick Dunne: Power, Privilege & Justice.