News & Notes
Tonight, ABC, CBS, FOX and NBC have the Presidential Address to Congress and The CW has the first season finale of Privileged. Due to the speech, FOX will be playing American Idol on Wednesday and Thursday this week.
Over on cable, Animal Planet has the series premiere of Dark Days in Monkey City, Biography has the first season finale of Shatner’s Raw Nerve, and TNT has the first season finale of Leverage.
In late night, TBS has the third season finale of 10 Items or Less.
NCIS (CBS): New. Gibbs and Tony are searching for a woman in the desert that may have info on a slain agent.
Presidential Address to Congress (ABC, CBS, FOX & NBC): All four of the networks mentioned, along with the cable news outlets, will be covering and showing President Obama’s first speech to a joint session of congress. Coverage begins at 9:00 p.m. ET.
Bones (FOX): Repeat. In “The Skull in the Sculpture” from earlier this season, Booth and Brennan investigate when the body of a famous artist is found in a crushed junked car.
Privileged (The CW): Season Finale. Laurel gets the first draft of her biography from Megan. Megan also finds out that her dad has begun drinking again. I didn’t understand why The CW delayed the season finale by a week, but seeing that it airs the same night as a presidential address, now I really don’t understand the move.
No third hour selection tonight.
Good Eats (Food Network): Repeats. Alton cooks honey and then molasses. Both episodes play again later.
Dirty Jobs (Discovery Channel): New. Mike is looking back over the 200 dirty job he has completed. Last week’s episode, “Locomotive Builder,” replays right before. Both play again later.
Leverage (TNT): Season Finale. After having scattered, Nate brings the team back together to take down Sterling and Blackpoole once and for all. This is a great episode that picks up with the setup from the previous episode. The series is just a lot of fun. Can’t wait for season two. The previous 12 episodes of the series replay leading up to tonight’s finale. Yet, for some reason they don’t replay in the order that they aired, which was out of order already, or in the order that they were originally scheduled to play. Just makes no sense whatsoever.
- Chopped (Food Network): New. Four contestants compete by cooking up something tasty from a basket full of surprise ingredients. This episode includes working with artice char, quail and beer. Plays again later.
- Nip/Tuck (FX): New. Christian is trying to secure his family’s future for after he is gone. Liz is getting ready for a life-changing event. Runs 61 minutes. Plays again later.
- ESPN has doubleheader college basketball action with Penn State at Ohio State followed by Florida at LSU.
- ESPN2 has college basketball action with Texas A&M at Nebraska.
- NBA TV has the Dallas Mavericks at the San Antonio Spurs.
- Versus has NHL action.
- 10 Items or Less (TBS): Season Finale. Leslie is celebrating the 150 year anniversary of the store by doing everything the old fashioned way. Plays again later.
- Damages (FX): Repeat. Last Wednesday’s episode, “New York Sucks,” replays.
- Psych (USA): Repeat. Last Friday’s season finale episode, “An Evening With Mr. Yang,” replays.
Bravo has six episodes of The Real Housewives of Orange County.
History has five episodes of Extreme Trains that play twice.
Oxygen has 15 hours of The Bad Girls Club episodes.
Sci Fi has 15 episodes of The Twilight Zone early.
TNT has all 13 episodes of this first season of Leverage.
Travel Channel has 10 episodes of Bizarre Foods With Andrew Zimmern.
USA has 11 hours of Law & Order: Special Victims Unit episodes.