News & Notes
Over on cable, Discovery has the fifth season finale of Dirty Jobs, FX has the fifth season finale of nip/tuck, and TNT has Trust Me on its new night.
Reaper (The CW): Season Premiere. Sam, Ben and Sock have been on a month long road trip and things aren’t any better when they get back, as Andi won’t talk to Sam. I never got into the first season of this show and only watched the first few episodes. But, I’ve seen tonight’s episode and it had some really solid laughs, so much so that I may give it a second shot and continue on with this season. This first episode seems to work well as a reintroduction to the series for fans and potential new ones.
The Mentalist (CBS): Repeat. A prisoner offers to give Jane information on Red John, if he will work on getting him released, in “Red John’s Friends” from earlier this season.
Without a Trace (CBS): Repeat. A clothing executive goes missing after a rooftop party, in “22 x 42” from earlier this season.
NCIS (CBS): Repeat. A young female Naval officer has been killed and a senator asks Gibbs for his help in the case, in “Capitol Offense” from earlier this season.
Scrubs (ABC): Repeats. Dr. Cox is overwhelmed by his new job as Chief, so goes to Kelso for help and then Ted falls for a pretty guitar player that sings to the children at the hospital, in “My New Role” and “My Lawyer’s in Love” from earlier this season.
Law & Order: Special Victims Unit (NBC): Repeat. Det. Benson uncovers a 34-year-old unsolved case while trying to help an abused housewife, in “Persona” from earlier this season.
Good Eats (Food Network): Repeats. Alton makes a coconut cake and then explores some classic New Orleans dishes. Both episodes play again later.
Dirty Jobs (Discovery Channel): Season Finale. Mike gets a couple of the show’s producers to take on some jobs. Last week’s episode, “200 Jobs Look-Back,” replays right before. Both play again later.
Trust Me (TNT): New. Mason takes a trip with his wife and leaves Connor in charge, which is probably not the smartest thing to do. I like a lot of the people on this show, but not so much the show as of yet. I really hope they can give the show an overall purpose instead of just a weekly fire to put out. Plus, these are supposed to be some of the best ad guys around, so the ideas in the show should be good ones, but it seems to be suffering from a similar problem as Studio 60 on the Sunset Strip did.
- American Idol (FOX): New. The last 12 from the Top 36 perform. Runs two hours.
- Chopped (Food Network): New. Four contestants compete by cooking up something tasty from a basket full of surprise ingredients. This episode includes working with coconut, calamari and donuts. Plays again later.
- nip/tuck (FX): Season Finale. Christian is looking for his way to immortality. Kimber gets into it with Liz about her relationship with Christian. Runs 62 minutes. Plays again later.
- ESPN has doubleheader college basketball action with Michigan State at Indiana followed by Auburn at Alabama.
- ESPN2 has college basketball action with Kansas State at Oklahoma State.
- NBA TV has the Phoenix Suns at the Orlando Magic.
- Versus has NHL action.
- Damages (FX): Repeat. Last Wednesday’s episode, “They Had to Tweeze That out of My Kidney,” replays. Runs 61 minutes.
- Saving Grace (TNT): Repeat. Last night’s winter season premiere episode, “The Heart of a Cop” replays.
Bravo has 10 episodes of The Real Housewives of New York City.
Oxygen has 15 hours of The Bad Girls Club episodes.
Sci Fi has eight episodes of The Outer Limits early.
Travel Channel has nine episodes of Bizarre Foods With Andrew Zimmern.
USA has 11 hours of Law & Order: Special Victims Unit episodes.