News & Notes
On cable tonight, BBC America has the series premiere of Any Dream Will Do and a The Making of Me special, Comedy Central has a Jim Gaffigan: King Baby comedy special, G4 has the series premiere of G4 Underground, HBO has the series premiere of The No. 1 Ladies’ Detective Agency, History has a Predator X special, TLC has the series premiere of Royal Inquest, and Travel Channel has the third season finale of Mark & Olly: Living With the Machigenga.
Kings (NBC): New. King Silas’ secret mistress and son have a medical crisis. Jack and Rose are trying to take down David in a public way.
Cold Case (CBS): New. The squad gets new direction in a case in the 1958 murder of an Ivy Leaguer that was trying to implement affordable housing.
The Unit (CBS): New. Jonas and Mack are under cover on the trail of the people who killed the vice president, but things don’t go as planned and Bob must run some interference for them.
The Simpsons (FOX): New. Homer and Marge learn their wedding wasn’t valid, so they decide to take their vows again. Homer disappears before the wedding. A repeat episode follows.
Extreme Makeover: Home Edition (ABC): New. This episode runs two hours. Its normal hour and the hour that Desperate Housewives usually plays. A family in California that runs an animal shelter gets some new domiciles. Justin Chambers (Grey’s Anatomy) makes an appearance.
Desperate Housewives (ABC): Repeat. The “Kids Ain’t Like Everybody Else” episode from earlier this season replays, where Bree’s daughter comes for a visit.
Food Network Challenge (Food Network): New. Some of the best pastry chefs get paired off to compete in a cake competition. Plays again later.
Jim Gaffigan: King Baby (Comedy Central): New Special. The standup comedian and one of the stars of TBS’ My Boys performs. Plays twice.
United States of Tara (Showtime): New. Tara decides that she needs more help and checks into a clinic that specializes in her condition. Plays twice. This episode and next week’s season finale are really good.
- The Amazing Race (CBS): New. One team gets held up by a shopkeeper and another teams figures out that going fast isn’t always the best idea.
- Breaking Bad (AMC): New. Walt tries to connect with his family again. Jesse is trying to put his life back together. Plays twice and again later.
- ABC has NBA action with the Dallas Mavericks at the Cleveland Cavaliers.
- CBS has NCAA Basketball Championship tournament action.
- ESPN has a Women’s NCAA Championship tournament game early and NBA action with the San Antonio Spurs at the New Orleans Hornets.
- ESPN2 has Women’s NCAA Championship tournament games today.
- FOX has NASCAR racing with the Sprint Cup: Goody’s Fast Relief 500.
- NBC has final round action from the Arnold Palmer Invitational.
- Damages (FX): Repeat. Last Wednesday’s episode, “Look What He Dug Up This Time,” replays.
- Mad Men (AMC): Repeat. The “Three Sundays” episode from season two replays.
A&E has seven episodes of CSI: Miami.
ABC Family the TV movies Au Pair, Au Pair II, and Au Pair 3: Adventure in Paradise starting early.
Discovery Channel has 11 episodes of Planet Earth.
History has 14 hours of MonsterQuest episodes.
Oxygen has 12 episodes of America’s Next Top Model.
Spike has seven episodes of DEA.
TLC has nine episodes of 48 Hours: Hard Evidence.
Travel Channel has eight episodes of Mark & Olly: Living With the Machigenga.