News & Notes
Tonight, MyNet has a Heroes Among Us: The 2009 Hero Awards special and NBC has the series premiere of The Great American Road Trip and a Dateline NBC: A Farewell to Michael Jackson special.
Over on cable, ABC Family has the series premiere of 10 Things I Hate About You, BBC America has the fourth season premiere of You Are What You Eat, BET has the first season finale of Welcome to Dreamland, History has the series premiere of That’s Impossible, Syfy has the series premiere of Warehouse 13, and VH1 has a The Great Debate, Part 2 special.
10 Things I Hate About You (ABC Family): Series Premiere. Based on the 1999 movie of the same name that starred Heath Ledger, Julia Stiles and Joseph Gordon-Levitt, which is a modern day retelling of Shakespeare’s Taming of the Shrew. Runs 36 minutes. Plays again later. I was annoyed by many of the characters, but have this to say about the series. If you loved the movie, you will probably not like this series. But, if you have no real affinity for the movie, then you may like this take on high school life. Overall, I’d say rent the movie insted.
Warehouse 13 (Syfy): Series Premiere. Two Secret Service agents get thrown together to hunt down paranormal and supernatural objects and bring them back to a secret warehouse for safekeeping. Runs two hours. Plays twice and then another five times over the next week including next Tuesday evening. This show is a lot of fun and worth checking out. For more on the series read my review.
Ace of Cakes (Food Network): Repeats. Duff and the gang are “Shell Shocked” and want to know “What’s Up Cookie?” Both episode play again later.
Better Off Ted (ABC): Repeat. In “Win Some, Dose Some” from this season, Linda accidentally gets dosed with an experimental drug with some interesting side effects. Ted and Veronica are competing to sell the most wrapping paper for his daughter.
Scrubs (ABC): Repeat. In “My Full Moon” from this past season, the interns have to deal with all the craziness that a full moon brings out.
Saving Grace (TNT): New. A brutal home invasion is being investigated. Meanwhile, another angel is trying to convince Grace to leave Earl. Plays again later.
- The Best Thing I Ever Ate (Food Network): New. Food Network personalities talk about the best foods they have eaten. This episode focuses on things that give you a “Sugar Rush.” Plays again later.
- Chopped (Food Network): New. Four chefs compete to create a three-course meal with secret ingredients revealed right before they cook each course. One of the ingredients is usually a little bizarre and doesn’t really go with the others in the basket, but all must be used to complete their dishes. In this one they try to show some “Pride on the Plate.” Plays again later.
- The Cleaner (A&E) New. William is hired to help a young Indian woman that is addicted to meth and about to be forced into a marriage by her father. Williams decides to take her on her wedding day and keep her at his safe house instead of taking her to the hospital. Plays twice and again later twice.
- Rescue Me (FX): New. The crews act of goodwill backfire on them. Plays twice.
- HawthoRNe (TNT): New. Christina is fighting to save a Korean woman and her son after a car accident. Plays again later. I’m officially done with this series, just can’t get into it.
- Versus has coverage of Stage 4 of the Tour de France multiple times throughout the day.
- Make It or Break It (ABC Family): Repeat. Last night’s episode, “Blowing Off Steam,” replays.
A&E has 14 episodes of The First 48.
Discovery Channel has five episodes of The FBI Files.
Oxygen has 12 episodes of Roseanne followed by seven episodes of Tori & Dean: Home Sweet Hollywood.
Travel Channel has eight episodes of Bizarre Foods With Andrew Zimmern.
USA has 11 episodes of Law & Order: Criminal Intent early.