News & Notes
Tonight, The CW has the 14th season premiere of America’s Next Top Model and the series premiere of High Society.
Over on cable, A&E has the second season premiere of Billy the Exterminator, Bravo has a The Real Housewives of Orange County reunion special, Science has the second season finale of Mantracker, TV Land has the series premiere of First Love, Second Chance, and USA has the fourth season finale of Psych.
Human Target (FOX): New. Chance is headed to South America to rescue an archaeologist that is being hunted by a dangerous bounty hunter where he ends up reunited with an old flame.
Modern Family (ABC): New. Phil runs into problems after invites an old high school girlfriend, played by Judy Greer (Miss Guided), over to the house. Jay accidentally kills Manny’s turtle and tries to cover it up.
Cougar Town (ABC): New. Jules is trying to convince Grayson that men and women can be plutonic friends. Runs 31 minutes.
Psych (USA): Season Finale. Ally Sheedy guest stars again as Mr. Yang who Shawn and Gus go to in an attempt to get help when a new batch of crimes like hers begins again. Hitchcock films are being used at the clues the guys and the cops need to decipher. Plays again later. The previous six episodes replay early. This is an absolutely awesome episode. It’s definitely my favorite of the second half of the season. It is beautifully shot with many an homage to Hitchcock’s greatest films. I really enjoyed Shawn in this episode; as such a serious case reins him in a bit. He has almost gone to far off in the crazy direction in a couple recent episodes. I also very much liked the resolution to the case, but don’t want to say more than that. I was also glad that the direction I thought they might go with this storyline given how it ended in the midseason finale was not the direction it went. Turns out to be a bigger mystery than I would expect from this show, which I also very much liked. Overall, it was such a good episode that I am probably going to watch it again, which is a pretty good statement from me, cause I very seldom ever watch anything a second time. Would definitely like to hear back from you, on twitter (@theTVaholic) or in the comments, about your thoughts on tonight’s season finale after it airs.
Scrubs (ABC): New. Kelso and Cole are hanging with each other as they find that friends are hard to find and keep. Next week is the season finale.
Gary Unmarried (CBS): New. Gary’s brother is back from his tour of duty and Gary is trying to help him figure out what he wants to do for work.
Criminal Minds (CBS): New. The team is trying to figure out why a truck driver is abducting women in order to catch him.
Being Erica (SOAPnet): New. Erica has to deal with some intimacy issues after she finds Ethan in a compromising position. Plays again tomorrow afternoon and Saturday evening.
- CSI: NY (CBS): New. The team is investigating a double homicide that involves two journalists that were investigating gold fraud.
- Dinner: Impossible (Food Network): New. Robert is trying to gourmet-ify dorm food at the University of North Carolina. Plays again later.
- The Inbetweeners (BBC America): New. Will tries to plan a mature party for his birthday, yet things don’t work out as he had hoped. Last week’s episode replays right before. Both play again later.
- The New Adventures of Old Christine (CBS): New. Christine decides to teach Ritchie and his class some street smarts, but ends up in trouble at a subway station.
- Throwdown With Bobby Flay (Food Network): New. Bobby competes in a “Cuban Sandwich” contest. A repeat episode plays right before. Both play again later.
- ESPN has doubleheader Big East Tournament college basketball action.
- ESPN2 has doubleheader college basketball action.
- NBA TV has the Utah Jazz at the Detroit Pistons.
- Burn Notice (USA): Repeat. Last Thursday’s season finale episode, “Devil You Know,” replays.
- White Collar (USA): Repeat. Last night’s season finale episode, “Out of the Box,” replays.
Bravo has five episodes of The Real Housewives of Orange County.
Discovery Channel has six episodes of A Haunting.
Oxygen has 10 episodes of Roseanne.
Syfy has six episodes of All Souls early.
USA has six episodes of Psych followed by six episodes of NCIS.
WE has five episodes of Amazing Wedding Cakes early and later seven episodes of The Locator.
anyone know why “Solving History with Olly” was not on last week on Discovery channel?