News & Notes
Over on cable, Animal Planet has a Last Lion of Liuwa special, History has an Afraid of the Dark special, Syfy has the second season premiere of Warehouse 13, TLC has a Table for 12 special, and USA has the ninth season finale of Law & Order: Criminal Intent.
In late night, MTV has the first season finale of Downtown Girls.
Pretty Little Liars (ABC Family): New. The girls begin to pay for trying to ignore “A.” Someone new changes the status quo. Plays again next Tuesday before the next new episode, as do the previous four episodes. Thus giving you a chance to catch-up with the series. Last week’s episode, “Can You Hear Me Now?,” replays right before tonight’s episode.
Life Unexpected (The CW): Repeat. The fifth episode, “Truth Unrevealed,” replays, where Baze goes on Cate and Ryan’s radio show. Lux attempts to get Jones to drop the charges against Bug.
Warehouse 13 (Syfy): Season Premiere. Season two picks up right where season one left off. Artie was caught in an explosion. Claudia was on the run after being framed by Leena. And, what else did MacPherson take from the Warehouse? What will Pete and Myka have to deal with now? Plays again later. Six season one episodes replay, including the season finale, “MacPherson,” leading up to tonight’s episode. Review: Eddie McClintock (@thereeleddiemcc), Joanne Kelly, Allison Scagliotti (@allisonscag), Genelle Williams, and Saul Rubinek (@SaulRubinek) have really come together. They were good in the first season, but in tonight’s episode, and especially next week’s episode, you can see that comically they have really meshed. Their ability to sell the seriousness and the silliness at the same time is a wonderful thing to watch and draws you into the fantastical situations they come up with on this show. Speaking of which, one of my favorite things about the show is that they can basically go wherever they want with any item and tie it into history however they want. The premise is genius in that regard. For example, wait until you see what MacPherson has taken out of the Warehouse in all the confusion. Much of the episode is spent getting everyone back together again and setting up the seasonal arc, one that I really liked and can’t wait to see where they go with. You will too.
- Chopped (Food Network): New. Four chefs enter the kitchen to see who can create the best dishes with baskets full of strange ingredient combos. Plays again later.
- Law & Order: Criminal Intent (USA): Season Finale. Two episodes play tonight. In the first, a boxer’s career could be ruined after it is learned he was involved in dog fighting. In the season finale, Nichols must go to his father for help with a case. Plays again later.
- Memphis Beat (TNT): New. A teen beauty pageant contestant has gone missing and everyone is looking for her. Dwight wants to help Alex get her catering business up and running. Plays again later.
- Rescue Me (FX): New. Tommy attempts to do right by his friends as he comes to terms with his nightmare. Plays again later.
- ESPN the first semifinal 2010 FIFA World Cup match.
- ESPN2 has a WNBA doubleheader.
- Versus has coverage of the Tour de France: Stage 3. Replays multiple times.
- Louie (FX): New. Louie gets in an argument with a friend and goes to see his doctor, played by guest star Ricky Gervais (BBC’s The Office). Plays again later. The “Pilot” episode replays right after. Review: I didn’t laugh nearly as much at tonight’s episode as I did at the “Pilot.” The one thing this and subsequent episodes shows is that a late night timeslot is a good place for it. I can’t recommend tonight’s episode as much as last week’s. It still had its moments, but one of them actually wasn’t from Gervais. His appearance sticks out like a sore thumb and just didn’t work at all. Overall, it’s still better than watching your late local news.
Bravo has five episodes of The Real Housewives of Orange County.
History has six episodes of MonsterQuest that play twice.
Oxygen has nine episodes of America’s Next Top Model.
Spike TV has nine episodes of Walker, Texas Ranger.
Syfy has seven episodes of Warehouse 13.
USA has 15 episodes of Law & Order: Special Victims Unit.