News & Notes
Over on cable, CNBC has the second spring season finale of The Profit, Discovery Channel has a couple of Deadliest Catch specials, ESPN has the documentary premiere of 30 for 30: Soccer Stories – Hillsborough, FX has the series premiere of Fargo, Golf Channel has an Arnie & His Legacy special, MTV has the fourth season premiere of Awkward., and truTV has the eight spring season finale of Hardcore Pawn.
The Originals (The CW): New. The plan for the witches to regain their power is revealed. Davina gets a gift of importance.
Marvel’s Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. (ABC): New. Coulson and his team take refuge in an unlikely place while trying to figure out what has gone on. Runs 61 minutes. Last week’s episode, “Turn, Turn, Turn,” replays right before.
Person of Interest (CBS): New. Reese plays the part of a Secret Service agent to stay close to the latest number. Starts a minute after the hour and runs 59 minutes.
NCIS (CBS): New. The team tries to figure out whether a dead Navy officer was killed because he knew about an attack on another officer.
New Girl (FOX): New. Nick and Jess attempt to keep the news of their breakup a secret from the rest of the gang. Winston wants the gang to throw him a party for passing the police academy entrance exam.
The Mindy Project (FOX): New. Mindy goes with Peter to a bar to test out his “think like a man” advice. Danny is giving out relationship advice to Tamra.
Awkward. (MTV): Season Premiere. Jenna wants to make a fresh start, but she has a hard time dealing with her lingering feelings for Matty.
- About a Boy (NBC): New. Fiona does a school project for her son’s class. Will takes Marcus on a shopping spree. Will tries to impress Sam. Starts a minute after the hour following The Voice and runs 30 minutes.
- Fargo (FX): Series Premiere. A manipulative man meets a small town insurance salesman and sets him on a path of destruction. Runs 97 minutes. Plays three times.
- Game of Thrones (HBO): Repeat. This past Sunday night’s episode, “The Lion and the Rose,” replays.
- NCIS: Los Angeles (CBS): New. The team takes an undercover agent into custody to figure out if he has gone rouge and started working for the smuggler he is supposed to be investigating. Runs 61 minutes.
- Silicon Valley (HBO): Repeat. This past Sunday night’s episode, “The Cap Table,” replays.
- Veep (HBO): Repeat. This past Sunday night’s episode, “The Choice,” replays.
- MLB Network has a game tonight.
- TNT has doubleheader NBA action tonight with the New York Knicks at the Brooklyn Nets followed by the Denver Nuggets at the Los Angeles Clippers.
Tuesday TV Marathons
Criminal Minds (ION): Nine episodes today.
The Jeffersons (TV One): Has 12 episodes early.
Law & Order (WEtv): Has 13 episodes tonight and into late night.
Law & Order: Special Victims Unit (USA Network): Has 10 episodes.