There are a three of premieres tonight. First Eureka the new Sci Fi Channel show and second a new season of The Contender now on ESPN sans Sylvester Stallone and lastly The One: Making a Music Star on ABC. Will you be watching any of these? In Repeatsville there are some very good choices with two-hour blocks of House on FOX, Gilmore Girls on The WB and Veronica Mars on UPN.
House (FOX): Repeat. Great episode involving a woman played by Julie Warner who comes to the hospital after crashing her car due when her muscles start flailing about.
Last Comic Standing (NBC): New. The five comics remaining perform and viewers get a chance to vote for their favorite.
Law & Order: Special Victims Unit (NBC): Repeat. Teen whose mother was killed takes revenge when the lead suspect is let go on technicality.
Gilmore Girls (WB): Repeat. The last five minutes of this episode is why we watch this show. The look on Richardâ€™s face at the end says it all.
House (FOX): Repeat. The team works to save a man with severe burns and unusual blood work. Also the episode where House is trying to prove an old colleagueâ€™s migraine medication doesnâ€™t work.
48 Hours Mystery (CBS): Repeat. Forbidden love and murder.
Emeril Live (Food Network): Repeat. Emeril cooks up some one-pot meals.
Eureka (Sci Fi Channel): Series Premiere. The two-hour pilot episode has U.S. Marshall Jack Carter, played by Colin Ferguson, transporting a fugitive and getting held up in the town of Eureka. Where it turns out the government has been relocating some of the smartest people and their families to live. When a mysterious scientific creation of the secret variety gets unleashed Jack must help get things back to normal. Also stars Matt Frewer and Debrah Farentino. Sounds like it might be fun. We shall see. Plays again an hour later.
- Dirty Jobs (Discovery Channel): New. Harvesting clams in Puget Sound and restoring old pipe organs are the jobs that are profiled.
- The One: Making a Music Star (ABC): Series Premiere. This Real World meets American Idol show has 11 contestants competing for a recording contract as they attend the Los Angeles music academy while living together. Sounds like a reality show version of Fame with a prize at the end.
- Overhaulinâ€™ (TLC): New. A 1996 Chevy Tahoe is blinged out.
- Rachael Rayâ€™s Tasty Travels (Food Network): New. Get a rock-n-roll food tour of Cleveland.
- Rescue Me (FX): New. Tommy and Franco give Jerry a hard time about his other job. Tommy and Angie try to make Janet and Johnny jealous by any means.
- Veronica Mars (WB): Repeat. One of the best episodes of the season has Lucy Lawless guest starring as an FBI agent trying to track down Duncan and Megâ€™s baby with plenty of twists and turns.
- ESPN has World Series of Darts followed by 2006 World Series of Poker coverage followed by the second season premiere of The Contender the boxing reality show.
- ESPN2 has a WNBA doubleheader with the Houston Comets at the San Antonio Silver Stars followed by the New York Liberty at the Los Angeles Sparks.
- OLN has coverage of Stage 15 of the Tour de France many times over the course of the day.