The Major League Baseball American and National League Division Series begin today. Who do you think will end up in the World Series this year? In other sports news Friday Night Lights kicks off its first season tonight on NBC. One of the best shows on TV, Veronica Mars begins her freshman year of college and another season of great storytelling and mysteries to be solved. Eureka on Sci Fi ends it maiden voyage over the airwaves tonight with its season finale.
Friday Night Lights (NBC): Series Premiere. The High School Football season is about to begin and it holds the hopes of the entire small town. I will be giving this a go tonight as from the ads it looks like it could be good. This show is based on the movie of the same title, which was based on the book of the same name.
Veronica Mars (The CW): Season Premiere. Veronica is off to Hearst College along with Logan, Mac and Wallace. In the opener Veronica helps out Wallaceâ€™s roommate when his stuff is stolen. This is a great show and not enough people have been watching it. Hopefully that will change with this new season.
Boston Legal (ABC): New. Tom Selleck is back tonight wanting to nullify his post-nuptial agreement and he wants Shirley to take his case and go up against Alan who is representing his wife.
Gilmore Girls (The CW): New. Lorelai tries to cheer up Rory by turning the house into an Asian wonderland after Logan and Rory had to cancel their Asian trip.
The Unit (CBS): New. The team is sent to Paraguay to take out a rebel militia leader but must put the mission on hold when two members of the team gets pinned down by a sniper.
Smith (CBS): New. Bobby and his crew steal an empty armored truck leaving the authorities thinking that they arenâ€™t all that bright after all.
Emeril Live (Food Network): New. Emeril cooks up some dishes from his new cookbook, There’s a Chef in My World!
Eureka (Sci Fi): Season Finale. Stark gets the chance to test the Artifact and ends up time warping the town into the year 2010 where things look a bit different.
Nip/Tuck (FX): New. Rosie Oâ€™Donnell guest stars as the winner of the lottery who wants to get some work done. Runs 65 minutes and plays twice.
- Law & Order: Criminal Intent (NBC): New. Brooke Shields guest stars as a supermodel whose husband is a suspect in the death of a teenage girl who liked to party.
- NCIS (CBS): New. The team searches for a Navy lieutenant after her bloody car is found and while doing so find that she was profiling guys to find her perfect match.
- Road Tasted (Food Network): New. The Deen boys take on Chicago foods tonight.
- ESPN has Game 1 of the American League Division Series (ALDS) with the Oakland Aâ€™s at the Minnesota Twins early followed by Game 1 of the National League Division Series with the St. Louis Cardinals at the San Diego Padres.
- ESPN2 has Southern Mississippi at Tulsa in college football action.
- FOX has Game 1 of the American League Division Series (ALDS) with the Detroit Tigers at the New York Yankees.
- Studio 60 on the Sunset Strip (USA): Repeat. The â€œPilotâ€ episode replays tonight after Meet the Parents.
TV Show Marathons
Sci Fi is playing most of the season of Eureka during the day before the season finale airs tonight. A total of nine episodes play, starting off with the two-hour â€œPilotâ€ episode. â€œBefore I Forgetâ€ and â€œDr. Nobelâ€ are the two episodes, which donâ€™t play today.
Which TV stations will you be tuning into tonight?