In TV news for Sunday night shows ABC has picked up Brothers & Sisters for the entire season. Also The CW has decided in their infinite wisdom to cancel Runaway after moving it to Sunday night last week. One week up against Sunday Night Football, Cold Case and the Top 5 show Desperate Housewives and it came in last place so they cancelled it. Repeats of Americaâ€™s Next Top Model will air in the second hour of primetime timeslot once again. This reminds me of CBS moving Threshold last season from Friday night to Tuesday night and giving it one airing in the new timeslot before killing it off as well. I donâ€™t really understand the one-week in your new slot and gone practice. They might as well just cancel it in the first place instead of moving it. What do you think of this network practice of one and done after a move?
7th Heaven (The CW): New. Eric starts home schooling the boys after the teacher incident from last week while Annie is out of town.
Desperate Housewives (ABC): New. Gaby and Carlos take their dispute to new ridiculous levels while Lynette ends up as a partner in a new business venture and poor old Susan is in love with two men. This last one seems to be a big theme on ABC TV shows as of late. Runs 61 minutes.
Brothers & Sisters (ABC): New. It seems to be date night all around with Kitty going out with her co-host and almost fiancÃ© on a double date. This show has been picked up for the season and has also been bumped up to Prime Pick as of this week for the final hour of primetime slot.
The Amazing Race 10 (CBS): New. Three others pass one team while they are trying to find a clue in Kuwait.
Cold Case (CBS): An autistic boy witnessed his parents murder in 2003 and Lily decides to reopen the case.
Without a Trace (CBS): New. An Albanian mobster has his mistress go missing and the team investigates. Jack takes the opportunity to find evidence on the guy.
Emeril Live (Food Network): New. Emeril whips up some Halloween treats.
Stress Test (HGTV): New. See a bunch of experts as they put a houseâ€™s structural integrity to the test.
Nip/Tuck (FX): Repeat. The â€œBurt Landauâ€ episode from last week replays.
- Heroes (NBC): Repeats. The last three episodes replay tonight all in a row, as there is no Sunday Night Football game tonight. I guess they are making way for Game 2 of the World Series, as ABC didnâ€™t have a primetime college football game last night either. This is a really good show. You can pick up from the second episode and not miss to much as it is repeated a bit in the second episode. If you havenâ€™t given this ago, you should really give it a shot. A new episode airs tomorrow in its normal timeslot.
- The Initiation of Sarah (ABC Family): Released 2006. Summer Glau (Firefly) plays a sorority girl who becomes the focus of the struggle between good and evil through no choice of her own. Runs two hours and plays twice.
- ABC has final round coverage of the Funai Classic PGA Golf tournament.
- CBS has NFL Football with the game of the day being the Pittsburgh Steelers at the Atlanta Falcons.
- ESPN has college football with South Florida at Cincinnati.
- FOX has Game 2 of the 2006 World Series after NFL Football coverage. The Tigers try to strike back after the Cardinals took Game 1.
- NBC has NASCAR Racing with the Subway 500 from Martinsville Speedway.
Will you be watching the World Series or regular TV programming tonight?