There is a new episode of Friday Night Lights on tonight but starting next year NBC will be changing up their schedule a bit. One of the changes is that Friday Night Lights will be moving to Wednesday nights to get out of the way of the next season of American Idol on FOX. If you are looking for 3 Lbs tonight you wonâ€™t find it because CBS has pulled it. That was only one episode per pound that made the air before being yanked. I guess it performed even worse than Smith, which was the previous owner of the third hour of primetime slot on CBS. This time period on CBS killed off two shows last season as well. The pretty good Threshold after switching places with Close to Home and one of my favorite shows from last season the short lived Love Monkey. Repeats of CBS procedurals will play there until they can find another show they want to kill off quickly. Had you been watching 3 Lbs? What do you think of its quick demise?
Friday Night Lights (NBC): New. Emotions are starting to run high as the next game approaches and Smash continues to put his health in question in an attempt to get bigger.
House (FOX): Repeat. The â€œThree Storiesâ€ episode from Season 1 replays tonight. This was the best episode of the first season. Sela Ward began her guest stint.
Boston Legal (ABC): New. Alan takes the case of a mother who has two white supremacist daughters who can really sing while another woman wants to hire the firm to sue God after her husband gets struck by lighting.
Standoff (FOX): New. A third party ends up helping the CNU but not in the way they would have wanted making things worse.
Veronica Mars (The CW): Repeat. The third season premiere replays.
Law & Order: Special Victims Unit (NBC): Repeat. Det. Benson goes undercover to thwart some environmental terrorists and ends up having to stay under longer than she had anticipated.
Emeril Live: Hildaâ€™s Holiday Classics (Food Network): Repeat. Emeril makes some of his momâ€™s favorite holiday recipes.
Overhaulinâ€™ (TLC): New. A 1972 Dodge Challenger is worked on.
Nip/Tuck (FX): New. Sean is tired of living in the shadow of Christian so he sells his shares in the practice.
- The Closer (TNT): Repeat. The second season premiere episode replays tonight where Brenda and her team investigate the murder of an LAPD officer.
- Dirty Jobs (Discovery Channel): New. Tonight concrete stamping and caring for penguins is attempted.
- Gilmore Girls (The CW): New. Luke and Christopher get into it after Lorelai shares a sweet moment with Luke and Christopher starts to think that Lorelai might not be as commited to their marriage as he is.
- The Hungry Detective (Food Network): New. Restaurants in Los Angeles are visited.
- My Boys (TBS): New. Watch a couple of episodes of this new half-hour comedy from TBS about a woman who has a lot of guy friends but not many boyfriends.
- Santa Claus is Cominâ€™ to Town (ABC): Repeat. The holiday special where a mailman voiced by Fred Astaire tells why Santa comes once a year.
- The Victoriaâ€™s Secret Fashion Show (CBS): New. See women in their underwear walking the runway with a musical appearance by Justin Timberlake.
- ESPN has college basketball with Oklahoma State vs. Syracuse followed by Arizona vs. Louisville in the Jimmy V Classic.
- Versus has the Chicago Blackhawks at the Minnesota Wild in NHL hockey play.