I have never watched a Hollywood round episode before on American Idol. Tonight will be my first one. At least everybody should be able to sing, right? Of the couple of seasons of American Idol, I have watched, I usually begin with the episodes that begin next week. The live performances where the public gets a chance to have their say. Another thing I have never done though, is vote for anyone on American Idol. I donâ€™t see that changing this time around either. But, I will have seen just about every minute of this yearâ€™s shows leading up to tonight. I will be interested to see how hard it is to pair down 172 to 24 in a weekâ€™s time. It looks like after weeks of laughter, at the expense of the deluded, we get a week of sadness before the real competition gets started. What have you thought of this season of American Idol, so far?
NCIS (CBS): New. A young sailor is found dead in a bad part of town and looks to be from an overdose until a small piece of evidence is uncovered sending the team in another direction on the case.
House (FOX): New. During a snowstorm the case of a young woman who doesnâ€™t seem to feel any pain piques Houseâ€™s curiosity.
Boston Legal (ABC): New. Denny is in trouble again and Alan must help him out of it once again while Clarence gets a shot at trying his first case.
American Idol (FOX): New. The first episode of the Hollywood round is tonight with the conclusion on tomorrow. Next week the 24 finalists start competing live for the public to vote on.
Veronica Mars (The CW): New. The Hearst basketball coach has been murdered and the widow hires Keith to find out who did it because the police think it is her son. A case involving basketball, that means we will probably get to see Wallace back in an episode for a change.
Law & Order: Special Victims Unit (NBC): New. A mob lawyer gets attacked along with his wife and their young child is the only witness the police have.
Emeril Live (Food Network): Repeat. Get a little help from Emeril with that romantic first dinner.
The Closer (TNT): Repeat. Two episodes from season two play tonight. In the first the death of a teenager who was to testify is investigated and in the second Brenda has to work with the FBI on an attempted murder of a protected witness.
- Dirt (FX): New. The lawsuit threatens the magazine and the relationship between Lucy and her brother. Runs 64 minutes.
- Gilmore Girls (The CW): New. It looks like Richard is on the mend and Christopher has returned to Stars Hollow.
- Law & Order: Criminal Intent (NBC): New. An undercover cop witnesses the murder of a rap star in the lobby of a radio station.
- Lincoln Heights (ABC Family): Repeat. Mondayâ€™s episode, â€œBaby Doe,â€ replays.
- Rachael Rayâ€™s Tasty Travels (Food Network): New. Get some ideas for great food at anytime of day in Los Angeles.
- Throwdown With Bobby Flay (Food Network): New. Bobby throws down some chocolate.
- The Unit (CBS): New. An elevator crashes while the Unit is guarding an international figure at the U.N.
- ESPN has a college basketball doubleheader.
- ESPN2 has Texas Tech at Texas A&M in college basketball action.
- Versus has NHL action with the Anaheim Ducks at the Colorado Avalanche.
What will you be watching tonight on the tube?