They didnâ€™t just perform; they showed up and completely outshined the guys from the night before. There was one performance that stood out above the rest, but overall I think Randy is right and not more than four of the guys would make the Top 12 if the rules didnâ€™t mandate six from each group.
The night started off much better tonight than last night. Then that first performance was sent to the middle of the pack as the night went on. The guys better bring a little more to the stage next week, as of right now the next Idol looks to be of the female persuasion.
There were a couple of the ladies that I liked after going into the voting part of the competition after actually watching the audition and Hollywood episodes. They were Gina Glocksen and Lakisha Jones, also Amy Krebs, but mainly because she is from up here in Seattle, which she may be returning to real soon. So, overall how did the performances from the ladies side of things on American Idol Season 6 rank?
How the Top 12 Womenâ€™s Performances Ranked:
- LaKisha Jones â€“ She was the last one to sing and she came out and took command of the stage and let everyone know she came to win. Her persona on stage is a 180 from her offstage one. She seems quiet and reserved but then she steps out on stage and blows you away. Randy thought that â€œJennifer Hudson better watch outâ€ and Paula thought she was â€œwhere you belongâ€ while Simon she was in a â€œdifferent leagueâ€ than the rest, including the guys.
- Melinda Doolittle â€“ Randy thought she â€œblew it outâ€ and Paula called her a â€œfrontrunnerâ€ while I thought she had the best performance of the Top 24 until LaKisha took the stage a few minutes later.
- Sabrina Sloan â€“ She was the fourth to sing last night and the first to make you sit up and take notice. At that time Randy said she was the â€œone to beatâ€ and Paula thought she was â€œawesomeâ€ while Simon said she was the â€œbest so far, including last night.â€
- Gina Glocksen â€“ When you tackle a Celine Dion song you better bring it and Gina came might damn close to pulling it off perfectly. She has a big voice. Randy thought it was â€œkinda niceâ€ and Paula thought she chose the â€œright songâ€ while Simon thought she â€œdidnâ€™t quite get there.â€
- Jordin Sparks â€“ The youngest in the competition show she was to be reckoned with. Paula thought said she is a â€œnatural talentâ€ while Randy thought she should â€œpick a better song.â€ Simon told her to â€œpush yourself.â€
- Haley Scarnato â€“ Reminds me a bit of last seasonâ€™s runner-up, Katharine McPhee. Randy thought it was â€œjust okâ€ while Paula said â€œnice job.â€ Simon told her she sounded â€œoldâ€ and should try to â€œsound younger.â€
- Stephanie Edwards â€“ Kicked the night off with a pretty good performance. Randy said she really â€œset it offâ€ and Paula thought she is a â€œstarâ€ while Simon thought it was a â€œmillion times better than any performance last night.â€ It was and it would go on to be surpassed multiple times by the end of the night.
- Nicole Tranquillo â€“ Randy thought it was â€œroughâ€ and â€œdidnâ€™t workâ€ while Paula thought she was â€œout of this worldâ€ and that she â€œcan sing.â€ Simon called the performance â€œindulgentâ€ and â€œaggressive.â€
- Leslie Hunt â€“ Personality wise the girl seems to be a bit of a spaz and it showed on stage. Randy thought it was â€œjust okâ€ while Paula called it a â€œgreat job.â€ Simon disagreed and thought it â€œwasnâ€™t great.â€
- Amy Krebs â€“ Could possibly be winging her way back to Seattle by tomorrow night. Randy thought it was a â€œmiddle of the roadâ€ performance and Paula agreed with him. Simon thought she had the â€œpersonality of a candle.â€
- Alaina Alexander â€“ Randy thought her performance was â€œpitchyâ€ and â€œwasnâ€™t greatâ€ while Simon thought she â€œlost it halfway though.â€
- Antonella Barba â€“ This was the worst performance of the night by a lot. Randy thought it was â€œreally pitchyâ€ and Paula told her it â€œwasnâ€™t bad.â€ Simon told her the song was â€œway, way, way to big for youâ€.
That puts Alaina Alexander and Antonella Barba in my bottom two but Amy Krebs could easily be in there, as well. Of the Top 12 Women on Season 6 of American Idol, who do you think deserves to stay and who deserves to go? Who do you think had the best performance? The worst? Leave your predictions in the comments.