Sorry for the lateness of today’s Tonight on the Tube. I normally post it early in the morning after I get home from work, but made the mistake of laying down for a minute while ye old computer was rebooting and voila, just woke up about 20 minutes ago. Anyway, tonight is the premiere of the anthology series Masters of Science Fiction on ABC. Take a bunch of directors and writers known for their sci-fi work and throw in a few familiar actors and actresses and what do you get? A series being burnt off at the end of summer on a Saturday night, as somebody at ABC must not of thought to highly of what was being produced. Tonight is also the premiere of Feasting on Asphalt 2 on Food Network.
The Unit (CBS): Repeat. An elusive target is tracked down with the help of an enemy that is a temporary ally.
America’s Got Talent (NBC): Repeat. Watch the final hour of this 90-minute presentation as the final 10 compete for the prize.
Masters of Science Fiction (ABC): Series Premiere. The first of this new anthology series, which is scheduled to run for six weeks, takes place in a post apocalyptic world where a woman is interrogating a man who seems to have lost his memory.
Confessions of a Teenage Drama Queen (ABC): Released 2004. Lyndsay Lohan stars in this dramedy set in high school where she attempts to take the most popular girl in school down a peg or two. Runs two hours.
Top Chef (NBC): Repeat. The Bravo cooking show reality competition gets a play on the big network.
Emeril Live (Food Network): New. Emeril whips up some lunchtime favorites. Plays again later.
Feasting on Asphalt 2: The River Run (Food Network): Premiere. A second helping of asphalt for Alton Brown as he heads up the Mississippi River on the hunt for some good eats out on the road. Plays again later.
Diners, Drive-Ins & Dives (Food Network): Repeats. Two episodes play with Guy checking out BBQ joints in the first and burger places in the second. Both play again later.
- Fallen (ABC Family): New. The next two hours of the miniseries continues with Aaron on his journey after finding out about whom he really is and ends up risking an encounter with The Powers to save Vilma. Plays twice. The final two hours play tomorrow night.
- ABC has X Games 13 coverage.
- ESPN has the 2007 Pro Football Hall of Fame Induction followed by X Games 13 coverage.
- ESPN2 has NASCAR racing with the Busch Series: NAPA Auto Parts 200 followed by X Games 13 coverage.
- FOX has MLB action with FOX Saturday Baseball.
- Army Wives (Lifetime): Repeat. Last Sunday’s episode, “Nobody’s Perfect,” replays.
- MADtv (FOX): Repeat. Howie Mandel joins in on the fun.
- Saturday Night Live (NBC): Repeat. Hosted by Shia LaBeouf with musical guest Avril Lavigne.
- State of Mind (Lifetime): Repeat. Last Sunday’s episode, “Snow Melts,” replays.
Discovery Channel has the final day of “Shark Week.”