This has been a bizarre day. I came home from work this morning to find TVaholic.com had gone down. It was a problem with my Domain Name Registrar, SpiritDomains.com. They had some glitch in their system that put my domain name renewal in perpetual lockdown and then parked the domain, causing it to be inaccessible. They finally just fixed the problem, after hours of the “run-a-round” with customer service and customer support that started yesterday afternoon. The best was, when I was put on hold and someone other than the customer service rep that I had been speaking to, came on the line. I asked, “Am I now speaking to customer service or customer support?” They answered, “No, this is Spirit Telecom.” Now, who knows how long until it will be before it is accessible to everyone again. For all you out there that read TVaholic each day either by RSS feed, via email or just come directly to the site, sorry for today’s picks being late. I just hope that they actually get posted and are viewable before tomorrow.
Set for Life (ABC): New. Tonight a home inspector and a clothing designer play for big bucks in monthly installments.
Jericho (CBS): Repeat. Jake learns more about what Hawkins was doing before he came to Jericho.
Numb3rs (CBS): Repeat. Don thinks a death row inmate that suddenly wants to confess where bodies are buried has another reason for doing so other than to just come clean.
1 vs. 100 (NBC): Repeat. Game show champ Ken Jennings is amongst the mob.
Las Vegas (NBC): Repeat. Ed, Danny and Mike are having a little fun by seeing who can find the most waste at the Montecito.
Law & Order: Criminal Intent (NBC): Repeat. A hero cop that broke up a robbery is found dead soon after and Logan’s date is found dead not far from wear he lives.
Doctor Who (Sci Fi): New. The episode takes place in real time as a ship is being sucked towards oblivion. Plays again later.
Monk (USA): New. Monk with some buried treasure and a case that needs solving. Plays again later.
Psych (USA): New. I believe Gus gets to try his hand at the fake psychic thing tonight. Sounds like fun. Plays again later.
- Flash Gordon (Sci Fi): New. Another alien from Mongo with a connection to Baylin is sent to Earth to track her down and bring her back to Ming. I thought this episode was much better than the “Pilot” and you are introduced more fully to the Baylin character that didn’t get much screen time in the first episode. The “Pilot” replays earlier this afternoon on both Bravo and Sci Fi.
- Painkiller Jane (Sci Fi): New. The same day keeps repeating on the team as they try to stop and assassination. Plays again later. Sci Fi has killed the show as of its final episode. It will finish out the season, but the season finale will also be its series finale.
- Survivorman (Discovery Channel): New. A dude goes into the Amazon jungle with practically nothing but a knife and a camera to film things and has to build shelter, find food and survive by himself.
- ESPN has Friday Night Fights with a featherweight bout schedule for 12 rounds.
- FOX has NFL preseason football action with the Minnesota Vikings at the New York Jets.
- Rescue Me (FX): Repeat. Last Wednesday’s episode, “Animal,” replays. Runs 64 minutes.
- Side Order of Life (Lifetime): Repeat. Last Sunday’s episode, “The Early Bird Catches the Word,” replays.
Cartoon Network has 17 hours of Naruto.
Disney Channel has 10 hours of The Suite Life of Zack & Cody.
Nickelodeon has 13 episodes of The Cosby Show late.
Sci Fi has eight episodes of Doctor Who early.
Spike has five episodes of Disorderly Conduct: Video on Patrol.
VH1 has the six episodes of I Love the ‘80s: 3D.