Tonight is the season premiere of Are You Smarter than a 5th Grader? and Don’t Forget the Lyrics on FOX. Also, the NFL season kicks off tonight, on NBC. Over on cable, VH1 has the season finale of My Big Fat Fabulous Wedding and Sci Fi has the two-hour season finale of Who Wants to Be a Superhero?
Sunday Night Football (NBC): Broadcast begins at 8:30 p.m. ET. The New Orleans Saints try to go into Indianapolis and get a win against the defending Super Bowl champ Colts. Runs about three hours. Sunday Night Football on Thursday night and I can’t wait, as I just upgrade my cable box yesterday to an HD DVR box. Football season in HD is going to be awesome.
Smallville (The CW): Repeat. A senator wants to get at Lex and threatens to make public his DNA experiments on a military man.
Grey’s Anatomy (ABC): Repeat. Meredith’s mom’s medical condition takes a 180-degree turn for the better and all the doctors are sucking up to the chief. Runs 61 minutes.
Men in Trees (ABC): Repeat. Marin’s newly purchased cabin is not quite as inhabitable as she originally thought. Patrick is busy worry about giving Annie the wedding she has always wanted.
Good Eats (Food Network): Repeat. Alton does some easy and lentil cooking. Plays again later.
Throwdown With Bobby Flay (Food Network): Repeat. The “Muffaletta” battle is shown. Plays again later.
Who Wants to Be a Superhero? (Sci Fi): Season Finale. In the first of the final two hours of this season, the remaining three heroes must deal with attack dogs to complete their mission. In the second hour, the winner of the competition is revealed and we find out who Dr. Dark is.
- Ace of Cakes (Food Network): New. A Tower of London cake is built. Plays again later.
- American Chopper (TLC): New. The guys continue building the bike for Silver State Helicopters. Plays again later.
- CSI: Crime Scene Investigation (CBS): Repeat. It looks like the miniature killer is back, but the team has a little warning this time about the next victim.
- Mad Men (AMC): New. Don continues to be tormented by his past. Plays twice and then again later.
- NBC has the first NFL game of the year. See Prime Pick above for more.
- USA has U.S. Open tennis coverage most of the day.
- Saving Grace (TNT): Repeat. Monday night’s episode, “Yeehaw, Geepaw,” replays.
Bravo has nine episodes of Project Runway.
Disney Channel has 18 hours of Kim Possible.
MTV has five episodes of Made.
Nickelodeon has 16 episodes of Home Improvement late.