Picks etc. below include info on remaining number of episodes that have been completed before the start of the writers’ strike. Not mentioned below is Ghost Whisperer, which is at episode eight tonight and only has nine completed.
Men in Trees (ABC): New. It is wedding day for Patrick and Annie. Marin invites Jack to be her date at the festivities. Jane reacts quite impulsively when she sees Sam with his date. This episode would have been the first season finale had ABC actually played the final five episodes of the show last season. They presently have 19 out of 27 episodes filmed and tonight is the sixth of the season. Episodes two through six were the five episodes held over from last season.
Friday Night Lights (NBC): New. It is the first day that college scouts can officially talk to players and Smash finds out what his options are on the college football front. A new player is getting Coach’s attention. Julie is jealous of Saracen and his new cheerleader girlfriend. This is episode seven and 15 episodes have been completed.
Numb3rs (CBS): New. An heiress has been abducted and the team is investigating. This is episode eight and they have 12 episodes completed.
Deal or No Deal (NBC): New. Three teams go after a $100 million prize tonight. Unfortunately, this show is strike proof and the longer the strike goes, the more of it you will probably see filling the airwaves.
Women’s Murder Club (ABC): New. Lindsay’s life could change after a medical exam. A member of the club is abducted. This is episode seven and 10 episodes have been filmed.
Las Vegas (NBC): New. Danny’s alcoholic uncle visits, as does the fire marshal. Thieves break into the casino. This is episode nine. I haven’t been able to find out exactly how many episodes have been completed so far, but it looks like it might be 12.
Flash Gordon (Sci Fi): New. The Verden have been sold into slavery on Mongo and Flash, Dale and Zarkov try to help Baylin rescue them. Runs 62 minutes and plays again later, as the seventh and final Razor Flashback plays during this episode. Watch the previous six.
What Not to Wear (TLC): New. A 36-year-old social worker and mother doesn’t like how she dresses and gets a makeover. Plays again later.
Stargate Atlantis (Sci Fi): New. A man the team meets while searching for Teyla’s people predicts a frightening future for Atlantis. Plays again later and last week’s episode, “Missing,” replays right before. They have finished production on this show, so it won’t be messed up by the strike.
- Frank Caliendo: All Over the Place (TBS): New. The comedian and impressionist performs. He has a new comedy show, Frank TV, coming soon to TBS.
- Moonlight (CBS): New. Mick tries to help a woman that is marked for death by a cult whose leader promised that those responsible for his execution would be killed. This is episode eight and 11 episodes have been completed.
- ESPN has an NBA doubleheader with the Houston Rockets at the San Antonio Spurs followed by the Detroit Pistons at the Los Angeles Lakers.
- ESPN2 has two games from the 2K Sports College Hoops Classic followed by college football action with Hawaii (16) at Nevada.
- Blood Ties (Lifetime): New. The ghost of a deceased painter seems to be knocking off other painters and Vicki investigates.
- House (USA): Repeat. The episode where House helps the CIA, “Whatever It Takes,” replays.
- Nip/Tuck (FX): Repeat. Tuesday’s episode, “Everett Poe,” replays. Runs 62 minutes.
Oxygen has 20 episodes of Roseanne.
MTV has 11 episodes of America’s Next Top Model.
Sci Fi has eight episodes of The X-Files early.
Spike has eight episodes of Disorderly Conduct: Video on Patrol.
VH1 has seven episodes of I Love the ‘90s.