Tonight, BBC America has the season finale of Torchwood, NBC has a special celebrating the 75th Anniversary of Radio City Music Hall’s Christmas Spectacular, and Hallmark Channel and Lifetime have new Christmas themed original TV movies.
Saturday Night College Football (ABC): Big 12 Championship. It is Missouri (1) vs. Oklahoma (9), where Missouri will end up in the BCS Championship with a win and probably Ohio State will with a loss. Broadcast starts at 8:00 p.m. ET.
Radio City Christmas Spectacular (NBC): New. The 75th Anniversary edition of the show plays with the Rockettes doing their thing and Meredith Vieira and Matt Lauer hosting.
Chuck (NBC): Repeat. Monday’s great episode replays with the return of Bryce Larkin to once again muck things up for Chuck in “Chuck Versus the Nemesis.”
Law & Order: Special Victims Unit (NBC): Repeat. Tuesday’s episode with the murder of a nanny being investigated, “Paternity,” replays.
Emeril Live (Food Network): New. The winning menu from “Emeril’s Holiday Contest” is unveiled. Plays again later. If you are a big fan of this show there is some bad news, as Food Network will not be continuing production of the show in the future. Emeril will still do specials and host his daytime show, Essence of Emeril.
Torchwood (BBC America): Season Finale. The rift splinters forcing each of the team to have to face parts of their past and futures and they have to act fast to try and stop it. Last week’s episode replays right before.
Trading Spaces (TLC): New. A couple of houses in Philadelphia get the old switcheroo-makeover treatment. Plays again later.
- All I Want for Christmas (Hallmark Channel): Premiere. Gail O’Grady (NYPD Blue) stars in this made-for-TV movie about a kid who wants a group of contest organizers to find a new husband for his widow mother. Runs two hours. Plays again next Friday.
- All Star Holiday Dishes (Food Network): New. Food Network personalities team up to show you some of their favorite holiday dishes. Plays again later.
- Holiday Switch (Lifetime): Premiere. This is the first of the Falalala Lifetime holiday themed TV movies. This one stars Nicole Eggert (Charles in Charge) as a woman who starts to wonder whether she married the right guy when an old boyfriend returns to town for the holidays. Runs two hours.
- ABC has college football with Virginia Tech (6) vs. Boston College (11) in the ACC Championship followed by UCLA at USC (8) and then Saturday Night College Football, see Prime Pick above for more info.
- CBS has the SEC Championship Game with Tennessee (14) vs. LSU (7).
- ESPN has the Conference USA Championship with Central Florida at Tulsa in college football action. Then they have Connecticut vs. Gonzaga and then my Washington Huskies at the Oklahoma State Cowboys in college basketball action. The night caps off with college football, as Pittsburgh plays at West Virginia (2).
- ESPN2 starts the morning off with the MAC Championship between Central Michigan and Miami (OH) in college football action. Then they have college basketball with North Carolina at Kentucky. Then the PAC-10 takes over, as we have more college football with Oregon State at Oregon (17), then Arizona at Arizona State (13) and then the night ends late with my Washington Huskies trying to play spoiler to the undefeated Hawaii Warriors (12).
- NBA TV has the Toronto Raptors at the Washington Wizards.
- Versus has Davis Cup Tennis followed by college football with California at Stanford.
- Law & Order: Criminal Intent (USA): Repeat. Thursday’s episode, “Offense,” replays.
- Saturday Night Live (NBC): Repeat. Alec Baldwin hosted with musical guest Cristina Aguilera.
ABC Family continues their 25 Days of Christmas with four Christmas themed movies and then two Harry Potter movies tonight.
Bravo has nine episodes of Project Runway.
Discovery Times has 11 episodes of Most Evil followed by 11 episodes of Sensing Murder.
G4 has 16 episodes of Code Monkeys early.
Lifetime has Christmas themed movies all day long.
TV One has 16 episodes of Cedric the Entertainer Presents.
VH1 has 9½ hours of The Flavor of Love.