News & Notes
Tonight, NBC has the season finale of Law & Order: Special Victims Unit. Over on cable, BBC America has the series finale of Life on Mars, Bravo has the season finale of The Real Housewives of Orange County and the series premiere of Millionaire Matchmaker, Sci Fi has the season finale of Guinea Pig, and TLC has the series premiere of The Bussey Bunch.
The writers and producers are supposed to meet informally today to talk about going back to the negotiating table. Any meeting between the two groups sounds good to the TVaholic. So, I will take talking about talking over the weeks of nothing. Here’s hoping it leads to something fruitful.
American Idol (FOX): New. Singers take their best shot at the San Diego auditions.
One Tree Hill (The CW): New. Peyton is having trouble in the studio with the band she signed last week. Nathan takes a shot at getting a defiant basketball player to listen with little success.
Law & Order: Special Victims Unit (NBC): Season Finale. A couple of extremist out for publicity are suspected in the robbery of fertilized embryos from a sperm bank. This is the last of the episodes completed before the strike.
NCIS (CBS): Repeat. One of Gibb’s ex-wives turns out to be a witness in an investigation of a Marine that was murdered.
House (FOX): Repeat. The last episode to air in the fall, “Games,” replays, where House finally hires his new staff. New episodes return next week, January 29th.
Boston Legal (ABC): New. A woman is charged with stealing a man’s sperm and impregnating herself with it. Two episodes remain after tonight.
Good Eats (Food Network): Repeats. Alton cooks with and investigates water. Both episodes play again later.
Dirty Jobs (Discovery Channel): New. The host goes on the search for slippery eels after working with a cave biologist. Plays again later. Last week’s episode replays right before.
Nip/Tuck (FX): New. Sean gets himself and agent. Christian wants to know why Gina moved to Los Angeles. Runs 63 minutes and plays twice.
- The Office (TBS): Repeats. The “The Convict” and “Back From Vacation” episodes from season three replay. In the first, Michael learns that an employee is a ex-con and in the second, Michael accidentally emails some racy photos from his trip.
- The Unit (CBS): Repeat. The season three premiere episode, “Pandemonium, Part One,” replays, where Jonas is on the run and Ryan is trying to put the team back together.
- ESPN has a college basketball doubleheader with Michigan at Wisconsin followed by Tennessee at Kentucky.
- ESPN2 has Australian Open tennis coverage of the quarterfinals.
- NBA TV has the New Jersey Nets at the Sacramento Kings.
- Versus has NHL action.
- 10 Items or Less (TBS): New. Leslie gets the staff to do an intervention for Buck. Plays again later.
- Flash Gordon (Sci Fi): Repeat. Last Friday’s episode, “Blame,” replays.
Bravo has 10 episodes of The Real Housewives of Orange County, and a preview special for the upcoming New York edition of the show, leading up to tonight’s season finale.
Sci Fi has eight episodes of Wolf Lake early.
Spike TV has five episodes of CSI: Crime Scene Investigation tonight.
What will you be watching tonight?