News & Notes
Tonight, CBS has the season finale of Criminal Minds and FOX has the series premiere of The Moment of Truth. Over on cable, MTV has the premiere of Real World/Road Rules Challenge and Spike TV has the season premiere of Pros vs. Joes, which moves to its regular timeslot tomorrow night. On premium cable, Starz has the series premieres of Head Case and Hollywood Residential.
American Idol (FOX): New. More auditions, more tears, more 15 minute seekers, more wake me when the competitions starts.
Criminal Minds (CBS): Season Finale. Evidence that points to a serial killer is found in a storage facility. The team analyzes the contents to try and track the killer. This is the last completed episode before the strike.
CSI: NY (CBS): New. Two murders take place two buildings a part and the team tries to figure out whether it is was one killer or two. There is one episode remaining after tonight.
Deal or No Deal (NBC): New. Another million-dollar case is added, which incredibly has added to the number of people watching this show.
Law & Order: Criminal Intent (NBC): Repeat. The “Self-Made” episode from this season replays. As it is episode seven, it doesn’t look like they are running them in the original order they originally ran on USA. In the episode, Goren and Eames are on the case of a budding novelist’s murder.
Law & Order (NBC): New. The episode is “Driven,” but it looks like it was originally scheduled to be the ninth episodes of this season. At any rate, two murders in the park leading to racial unrest in the nearby community.
Good Eats (Food Network): Repeats. Things get a little fishy for Alton and then he deals with squid. Both episode play again later.
MythBusters (Discovery Channel): New. The guys take a look at lead balloons and try to create waves for surfing with dynamite. Plays again later.
Head Case (Starz): Series Premiere. This half scripted, half improvisational series is about a celebrity therapist with an unorthodox approach to helping her clients. Celebrities guest star as versions of themselves. Watch the promo below.
Hollywood Residential (Starz): Series Premiere. Another half scripted, half improvisational show, this time about a struggling actor that heads up a celebrity home makeover show. He makes a fool of himself and a mess of their place trying to get his next big break in Hollywood. Again, there are celebrity guests starring as versions of themselves. Watch the promo below.
- Cashmere Mafia (ABC): New. The episode quality is on an upward trajectory; too bad the ratings are heading in the opposite direction. We shall see if this continues tonight. Don’t know about the quality, but the ratings will probably continue to slide, especially with new episodes of both Law & Order and CSI: NY as competition. As for the show, Mia has a blind date with a brain surgeon and Zoe has to save an important client in business trouble.
- Dinner: Impossible (Food Network): New. Robert has to cook for 1000 Air Force officers and VIPs. Plays again later.
- Gossip Girl (The CW): Repeat. The “Dare Devil” episode replays, where Dan and Serena go on their first date.
- Tyler Perry’s House of Payne (TBS): New. Two repeats and two new episodes play tonight. After the two repeats, Ella gets sick and Curtis is left to do all the cooking and then in the second new episode, Calvin gets an invitation to a woman’s house that he misinterprets.
- ESPN has college basketball with Iowa State at Kansas followed by NBA action with the Los Angeles Lakers at the San Antonio Spurs.
- ESPN2 has college basketball with Georgia Tech at North Carolina State and later the Australian Open women’s semifinals.
A&E has five episodes of CSI: Miami tonight.
Bravo has seven episodes of Project Runway.
E! has the five-part 101 Best Kept Hollywood Secrets.
Oxygen has 12 episodes of Living Single early.
Sci Fi has eight hour long episodes of The Twilight Zone early.
VH1 has the five-part 100 Greatest Teen Stars tonight.
What will you be watching tonight?