News & Notes
With the strike still looming and new episodes quickly dwindling, we try to keep you up-to-date on how many episodes are remaining when we mention a show in the picks below. But, if you would like to get a look at where just about every show stands, take a look at this, updated as of yesterday, list of shows and their remaining episode counts over at TV Guide. Note how many of them have or will soon reach, “so there are zero left” status.
NCIS (CBS): Repeat. Episode four from this season, “Identity Crisis,” replays, where a body mistakenly marked as a John Doe, is actually that of a career criminal with ties to master criminal.
House (FOX): New. A woman whose hands suddenly become paralyzed is brought in for testing. As her body starts to shutdown completely, the team tries to figure out what is causing all this. This is the first of the last three episodes that will all play over the next eight days. A new episode with guest star Mira Sorvino plays after the Super Bowl and the last completed episode before the strike airs next Tuesday night.
Law & Order: Special Victims Unit (NBC): Repeat. Episode five from this season, “Harm,” replays, where the stabbing of a teacher may be connected to her volunteer work.
American Idol (FOX): New. More auditions, more people that can’t sing. People laugh, scream and cry. Yellow tickets are handed out to a few. Zzzzz, somebody wake me when the competition really begins.
One Tree Hill (The CW): New. Well, they flashed forward four years. Now the show flashes back three, to show you what happened when Lucas went to visit Peyton in L.A. and Brooke’s clothing line was just starting to take off.
Boston Legal (ABC): Repeat. Episode four from this season, “Do Tell,” replays, where Alan starts talking gibberish. There are two new episodes left and they are presently scheduled for February 12th and 19th.
Good Eats (Food Network): Repeats. First Alton dries some fruits then he cooks with some mushrooms. Both episode play again later.
Dirty Jobs (Discovery Channel): New. Mike cleans buoys with the Coast Guard and makes shingles in Oregon. Plays again later. Last week’s episode replays right before.
Nip/Tuck (FX): New. Christian is dealing with a death. Sean has a second agent looking at him, which makes Colleen nervous. Runs 63 minutes and plays twice.
- Bones (TNT): Repeat. The “Pilot” episode replays, as TNT recently bought the cable-exclusive rights to replay the series and begins playing them tonight. Episode two, “The Man in the S.U.V.,” plays next Tuesday night.
- The Office (TBS): Repeats. Two episodes from season three, “Traveling Salesmen” and “The Return,” replay.
- The Unit (CBS): Repeat. The second part of the season premiere, “Pandemonium, Part Two,” replays, where Jonas tries to figure out who is behind the conspiracy that has shutdown the team and get Col. Ryan cleared and the team back together.
- ESPN has a doubleheader college basketball.
- ESPN2 has college basketball.
- NBA TV has the Boston Celtics at the Miami Heat.
- Versus has a doubleheader NHL action.
- 10 Items or Less (TBS): New. Leslie has a memorial service for his father, but then realizes that he doesn’t have anyone to leave the store to like his father did. Replays again later.
- Flash Gordon (Sci Fi): Repeat. Last Friday’s episode, “Cold Day in Hell,” replays.
Bravo has seven episodes of The Real Housewives of Orange County.
Sci Fi has eight episodes from season one of Dark Angel early.
What will you be watching tonight?