News & Notes
The 80th Annual Academy Awards (ABC): Special. Jon Stewart (The Daily Show) hosts the awards show that honors achievement in film. Runs about three hours. You will find a 30 minutes red carpet special beforehand. You will also find The Barbara Walters Special either before or after depending on your time zone.
The Simpsons (FOX): Repeats. First up is “Eternal Moonshine of the Simpson Mind,” where Homer loses his memory and his family and must figure out what happened. Then it is “Treehouse of Horror XVIII,” where Homer is a secret agent.
Cold Case (CBS): Repeat. It is “A Dollar, a Dream,” where the team investigates the case of a woman’s body found at the bottom of the river.
Dexter (CBS): Repeat. A rival serial killer contacts Dexter. The show is still terrific in its edited for network television version, but some of the humor is missing because of the cuts for time and content. Also, anytime someone uses “mother lover” or some other silly sounding replacement for a swear word, it just sounds funny.
In Treatment (HBO): Repeats. See last week’s five episodes replay leading up to The Wire tonight.
The Wire (HBO): New. Carcetti has to make deals for political reasons. Haynes wants to know about Templeton’s sources. Plays again later.
Breaking Bad (AMC): New. Walter and Skyler go to a party for a former colleague of his. Jesse is trying to go straight. Plays twice and again later. Check out a clip from tonight’s episodes below. (RSS and eMail may need to click to the site to view the video)
- Iron Chef America (Food Network): New. The Rathbun brothers come into Kitchen Stadium and challenge Iron Chef Bobby Flay. Plays again later.
- Law & Order: Criminal Intent (NBC): Repeats. Four episodes from this season replay.
- Nip/Tuck (FX): Repeat. The season finale episode, “Candy Richards,” replays. Runs 63 minutes.
- Ultimate Recipe Showdown (Food Network): New. This week it is “Burgers.” The three categories are Beef, Poultry and Seafood. The winner goes home with $25,000. Plays again later.
- ABC has NBA action with the Detroit Pistons at the Phoenix Suns.
- CBS has doubleheader college basketball with Syracuse at Notre Dame followed by Wisconsin at Ohio State.
- ESPN has NBA action with the Chicago Bulls at the Houston Rockets.
- ESPN2 has doubleheader women’s college basketball early.
- FOX has NASCAR action with the Sprint Cup: Auto Club 500.
- NBC has the finals of the WGC Accenture Match Play Championship golf tournament.
- Mad Men (AMC): Repeat. Episode six, “Babylon,” replays, where and office romance gets revealed and Peggy shows she can do more than be a secretary.
Cartoon Network has 24 episodes of Pokemon: Diamond and Pearl followed by Pokemon: The Rise of Darkai.
Discovery Channel has 11 episodes of Dirty Jobs.
MTV has five episodes of America’s Next Top Model.
Spike TV has five episodes of CSI: Crime Scene Investigation.
TLC has five episodes of Dr. G: Medical Examiner tonight.
USA has 14 episodes of Law & Order: Special Victims Unit.