News & Notes
In returning show news, Ugly Betty, Grey’s Anatomy and Lost on ABC and Supernatural on The CW will all be back with new episodes beginning next week.
Smallville (The CW): New. Lex is heading down a dangerous and deadly path in his quest to learn the secret of Veritas. Watch some clips from the episode. In behind the scenes Smallville news, creators and executive producers Al Gough and Miles Millar will not be back for next season.
The Office (NBC): New. Kevin and Andy go up against bosses from other businesses to win back parking spaces for Dunder-Mifflin.
Scrubs (NBC): New. J.D. thinks he isn’t man enough to be a good example to his son. Meanwhile, Turk is feeling a bit less manly himself after a necessary surgery.
Eli Stone (ABC): Season Finale. There are complications during Eli’s surgery and he may be in a vegetative state. His brother has to decide whether to remove him from life support. Here’s hoping that some of the people that watched on Sunday after Desperate Housewives watch again tonight, cause even a small ratings boost could help push this show off the bubble, or life support, and onto the schedule for next season.
My Name Is Earl (NBC): New. Earl is still in his make believe TV world in his head, as Randy and Joy continue to cross things off his list. Earl and Randy’s parents are back from a vacation.
30 Rock (NBC): New. An ex of Liz’s becomes a celebrity after saving someone from an oncoming train. Jack is trying to get Tracy to become the new celebrity face of the Republican Party.
Lost (ABC): Repeat. The last episode from the first part of this season, “Meet Kevin Johnson,” replays. The episode prior to that also replays right before this one, which is all to get you ready for the second half of the season, which has now been lengthened to six episodes. This will include a three-part season finale that will begin on May 15th and then finish with two hours on May 29th. On May 22rd will be a two-hour Grey’s Anatomy season finale.
ER (NBC): New. It’s new, but I really hope that you give Eli Stone a try. This show is already going to be back for another season and Eli could really use your help.
Friends (TBS): Repeats. “The One in Vegas, Part 1 & 2” replays, where the whole gang decides to visit Joey on his movie set in Vegas, only he is working at a casino. Chandler gets on a hot streak and pushes his luck. Ross and Rachel end up hitched.
Iron Chef America (Food Network): Repeat. Iron Chef Mario Batali goes up against chef Chris Cosentino. Plays again later.
Ace of Cakes (Food Network): Repeats. Duff coaches a celebrity basketball game and then Mary Alice deals with Duff being out of the bakery. Both episodes play again later.
- CSI: Crime Scene Investigation (CBS): Repeat. The episodes where the go-cart racer loses his head during a street race, from earlier this season, replays. Runs 61 minutes.
- Without a Trace (CBS): Repeat. Episode “4G” from earlier this season replays, where a private investigator disappears while working on a case.
- Golf Channel has LPGA action with the Ginn Open, which has most of the top women golfers in the world competing, including the top 3.
- Versus has NHL playoff action.
- Burn Notice (USA): Repeat. The 90-minute “Pilot” episode replays. It plays again later and again on Sunday night. This was one of the best new shows of last summer and USA looks to be replaying it over the next 12 weeks leading up to the premiere of season two in July. So, if you missed the adventures of burned spy Michael Westin and his pals, here is your chance to catch up. Episode two plays next week.
E! has the five-part 101 Incredible Celebrity Slimdowns.
History Channel has five episodes of The Universe twice.
Oxygen has 16 episodes of Snapped early.
VH1 has the five-part 100 Greatest Kid Stars.