News & Notes
Over on cable, ABC Family has the season finale of America’s Prom Queen and Discovery Channel has the series premiere of Verminators.
In returning show news, FOX has House back with new episodes as of next week.
In show renewal news, as mentioned yesterday, it looks like Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles will be back.
The Big Bang Theory (CBS): New. Sheldon gets kicked off the Physics Bowl team and replaced with guest star Sara Gilbert (Roseanne).
How I Met Your Mother (CBS): New. A guy from Robin’s past returns, guest star James Van Der Beek (Dawson’s Creek). The once had a thing back in her Robin Sparkles days. Complete with new song and video, “Sandcastles in the Sand.” The TV addict has posted a video clip and the entire audio of the song, if you would like to get a taste before the show airs tonight. The previous video, “Let’s Go to the Mall,” is available as a free download at Amazon Unbox.
Two and a Half Men (CBS): New. It seems a little late, but in this episode, Alan believes that Charlie’s womanizing has gone too far.
Samantha Who? (ABC): New. Sam is trying to get her boss to put and end to a project that is endangering some butterflies and wondering why Todd is now ignoring her after having kissed her. Starts two minutes after the half-hour and runs 30 minutes.
CSI: Miami (CBS): New. A vigilante is out taking down Internet predators and the team is trying to figure out who it is, before they kill again. It has been reported that Khandi Alexander, who plays medical examiner Alexx Woods, will be leaving the show at the end of this season.
Bones (FOX): New. Brennan and Booth investigate the murder of a college basketball player, in the episode “Player Under Pressure.” This episode has been reworked to fit this season’s timeline, as it was originally slated to air near the end of last season, but was pulled, given the subject matter, in deference to the Virginia Tech shootings that happened about this time last year.
One Tree Hill (The CW): New. Lucas and Peyton are talking about his aborted marriage. Haley is thinking about a change of career. Nathan is wondering what it would take to get back on the basketball court and play again.
Medium (NBC): New. Allison is having visions of someone dying in a home mishap, but can’t find the connection with recent accidental deaths in the area.
Greek (ABC Family): New. The Greek Ball is quickly approaching and Casey and Cappie are reminiscing about the good old days. Plays again late night tomorrow and next Monday before another new episode. Last week’s episode replays right before.
Finish Line (Spike): Premiere. TV movie starring Scott Baio (Charles In Charge) as an arms dealer that hires a down on his luck race car driver to smuggle weapons, but he turns around and helps the FBI try to take him down. Runs two hours.
- Gossip Girl (The CW): New. Makes its post-strike return with Blair going back to school, no longer the “Queen Bee.” Jenny doing whatever she can to keep her new place in the school hierarchy. And, Serena is dealing with living under the same roof as Chuck. Watch some clips from tonight’s episode.
- Dirty Jobs (Discovery Channel): New. Mike takes a job working on a fish-processing ship. Last week’s episode about jobs in New York City replays right before. Both play again later.
- Heavyweights (Food Network): New. This week rivalry between McDonalds and Burger King is looked at. Plays again later.
- House (FOX): Repeat. The last episode pre-strike episode, “Don’t Ever Change,” replays, where House is preoccupied with Wilson’s recently revealed girlfriend. The first of four new episodes begin airing next week.
- Rules of Engagement (CBS): New. Adam gets Jennifer a job at his company and comedy ensues.
- Unwrapped (Food Network): New. I wouldn’t mind unwrapping a lollipop right now. Plays again later.
- ESPN has Monday Night Baseball with the New York Mets at the Chicago Cubs.
- ESPN2 has Arena Football action.
- TNT has doubleheader NBA playoff action with the Washington Wizards at the Cleveland Cavaliers followed by the Utah Jazz at the Houston Rockets.
- Versus has NHL playoff action.
- Burn Notice (USA): Repeat. The 90-minute “Pilot” episode replays and episode two replays late night Thursday, as the first season replays each Thursday night leading up to the season two premiere this July.
- The Riches (FX): Repeat. Last Tuesday’s episode, “Trust Never Sleeps,” replays.
Oxygen has 10 episodes of Tori & Dean: Inn Love.
Sci Fi has 12 episodes of Tales From the Darkside early.