News & Notes
Cold Case (CBS): Repeat. A yuppie couple was murdered back in 1981 and new direction gives the detectives a reason to reopen the case, in this episode from season four.
Law & Order: Criminal Intent (NBC): Repeat. Logan and Falacci are investigating the execution style killings of four college students, in this episode from earlier this season.
Law & Order (NBC): Repeat. This season’s premiere episode replays, where new detective Cyrus Lupo is introduced, as he comes home from abroad to a terrible family situation.
Medium (NBC): Repeat. Episode two from this season replays, where Allison is trying to help in the search for a missing teen.
CSI: NY (CBS): Repeat. Stella is being haunted by memories of her past, after her DNA is found in connection to a case in Philadelphia, in this episode from season three. This episode includes a crossover appearance by Det. Valens from Cold Case.
48 Hours Mystery (CBS): New. The investigation of an actress that was murdered and whether her secret diary had anything to do with it is profiled.
MythBusters (Discovery Channel): Repeat. The “Alaska Special” from earlier this week replays, where the guys test out some Alaska anecdotes.
Robin Hood (BBC America): Season Premiere. Robin and his gang are trying to figure out how to stop the Sheriff from overthrowing the King Richard. Marian and her father have been placed under house arrest. Really enjoyed the first-season of this show and have been looking forward to its return. This is the best bet of the night.
Dirty Jobs (Discovery Channel): Repeat. The episode from earlier this week that had Mike working on a fishing boat in Alaska replays.
- 50 Most Outrageous TV Moments (E!): Repeat. Not sure how outrageous these are, but there are some pretty good laughs in the two hours.
- Princess (ABC Family): Premiere. A mythical princess that can heal creatures is the object of a young man’s affections. Runs two hours. Plays twice and then again next Wednesday night.
- Storm Cell (Lifetime): Released 2008. It looks like my hometown of Seattle is about to become the new Tornado Alley and a storm chaser comes to warn her brother. Runs two hours.
- ABC has NASCAR racing with the Nationwide Series: Aaron’s 312.
- ESPN has the 2008 NFL Draft followed by doubleheader NBA playoff action with the Boston Celtics at the Atlanta Hawks followed by the Houston Rockets at the Utah Jazz. Two games play before these, see TNT below.
- ESPN2 takes of the 2008 NFL Draft coverage when basketball starts on ESPN.
- FOX has MLB action with FOX Saturday Baseball.
- NBC has NHL playoff action with the Colorado Avalanche at the Detroit Red Wings.
- TNT has doubleheader NBA playoff action with the Orlando Magic at the Toronto Raptors followed by the Los Angeles Lakers at the Denver Nuggets. Two more games play after these, see ESPN above.
- Versus has NHL playoff action with the Philadelphia Flyers at the Montreal Canadiens.
- MADtv (FOX): New. Dominic Monaghan (Lost) joins in the sketch comedy fun.
- Saturday Night Live (NBC): Repeat. The Christopher Walken hosted episode from a couple of weeks ago replays. The musical guest was Panic at the Disco.
- Talkshow With Spike Feresten (FOX): New. Luenell (Borat) is his guest.
ABC Family has The Cutting Edge, The Cutting Edge 2: Going For the Gold, and The Cutting Edge 3: Chasing the Dream.
Bravo has five episodes of The Real Housewives of New York.
Food Network has five hours of Unwrapped episodes tonight.
Hallmark Channel has six two-hour TV movies based on Janette Oke books, including Love’s Enduring Promise, Love’s Long Journey, Love’s Abiding Joy, Love’s Unending Legacy, Love’s Unfolding Dream, and Love Comes Softly. The first and last of these listed stars Katherine Heigl (Grey’s Anatomy).
MTV has 12 episodes of America’s Next Top Model.
The N has 19 episodes of Degrassi: The Next Generation.
Sci Fi has seven two-hour TV movies featuring vampires.
Travel Channel has Pizza Paradise, Hot Dog Paradise, Hamburger Paradise, Diner Paradise, Steak Paradise, Barbecue Paradise, and All You Can Eat Paradise.
TruTV has five episodes of The Investigators.
TV One has 20 episodes of Cedric the Entertainer Presents.
VH1 has the five-part 100 Greatest Songs of the ‘80s.