News & Notes
Over on cable, Showtime has the first season finale of Tracey Ullman’s State of the Union and VH1 has the series premiere of Celebracadabra and the season finale of Celebrity Fit Club.
With the return of House on FOX, Shark on CBS and Women’s Murder Club on ABC this week, everything that is going to be back post-strike, will be back. And, everything is going to be new, as well. So, I thought it would fun to add an extra bit of info to this week’s Tonight on the Tube posts. Bold Italic Items will signify what shows the TVaholic is watching each night, or recording, or watching on demand, etc., this week. Let me know what you will be watching each night in the comments. Let’s find out if you watch more or less than the TVaholic?
The Simpsons (FOX): New. Bart is attempting to keep a cow from going to the slaughterhouse.
Aliens in America (The CW): New. Raja tries to make friends with a girl that he thinks is being ostracized unfairly, until after spending a little time with her, he comes to the revelation that she is quite annoying.
Desperate Housewives (ABC): New. They say you are in for a “Wow” tonight. We shall see. Bree and Katherine are getting into business with each other. Lynette is trying to deny what she feels about another guy. Mike might finally figure out who hit him. Runs 62 minutes.
Brothers & Sisters (ABC): New. Robert is offered the VP spot on the ticket. Kevin comes to a realization about his relationship with Scotty. Rebecca finds out the result of the paternity test.
Monk (NBC): Repeat. Monk has to deal guest star Stanley Tucci (ER, 3 lbs.), who is playing an actor that is playing Monk in a movie, while he investigates a case, in this episode from season five. This was a really fun episode.
Cold Case (CBS): New. A 1965 suicide case gets reopened when it is learned that the person did not write the note that was left. Next week is the season finale, which plays an hour earlier to accommodate an extra episode of Dexter, see below for more info.
Dexter (CBS): Repeat. The Ice Truck Killer leaves one helluva crime scene and Rita’s ex is suing her for custody of their kids. The final two episodes of season one play next week.
Food Network Challenge (Food Network): New. Four cake designers have to make an engagement party cake. Plays again later. This is “Wedding Week” on the Food Network.
The Tudors (Showtime): New. Anne and her family are finding that their power at court is being jeopardized. Plays again later.
Tracey Ullman’s State of the Union (Showtime): New. Tracey Ullman does impersonations and skewers pop culture. Plays twice. The second season of Showtime’s This American Life premieres next week in this timeslot. Look for a review later today.
- Army Wives (Lifetime): Repeat. Episode eight, “Only the Lonely,” replays, where Denise is thinking about going back into nursing. Plays again later.
- Breaking Bad (AMC): Repeat. The first season finale episode, “A No-Rough-Stuff Type Deal,” replays, where Walter fully embraces his new lifestyle. Plays twice and again later.
- Psych (NBC): Repeat. In this episode from season one, “Spellingg Bee,” Shawn and Gus investigate when the Spellmaster of the Bee is murdered.
- Throwdown With Bobby Flay (Food Network): New. Bobby competes in a dumplings battle. A repeat episode follows. Both replay again later.
- ABC has a NBA playoff doubleheader with the Cleveland Cavaliers at the Washington Wizards followed by the San Antonio Spurs at the Phoenix Suns.
- ESPN has Day 2 of the 2008 NFL Draft and later Sunday Night Baseball with the Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim at the Detroit Tigers.
- FOX has NASCAR racing with the Sprint Cup: Aaron’s 499.
- NBC has NHL playoff action with the New York Rangers at the Pittsburgh Penguins.
- TBS has MLB action with the New York Yankees at the Cleveland Indians.
- TNT has a NBA playoff doubleheader with the Detroit Pistons at the Philadelphia 76ers followed by the New Orleans at the Dallas Mavericks.
- Versus has NHL playoff action with the Dallas Stars at the San Jose Sharks.
- Battlestar Galactica (Sci Fi): Repeat. Last Friday’s episode, “Escape Velocity,” replays.
- Mad Men (AMC): Repeat. Episode two, “Ladies Room,” replays. Episode three plays next week.
- The Riches (FX): Repeat. Last Tuesday’s episode, “Dead Calm,” replays.
Bravo has five hours of Inside the Actors Studio episodes early.
Cartoon Network has 12 episodes of Courage the Cowardly Dog.
Discovery Channel has eight episodes of Man vs. Wild.
MTV has 12 episodes of America’s Next Top Model.
Sci Fi has five two-hour alien themed movies.
TLC has 13 episodes of Little People, Big World.
Travel Channel has eight episodes of Bizarre Foods With Andrew Zimmern.
TV Land has 16 episodes of The Andy Griffith Show.
USA has six episodes of House tonight.
WE has eight episodes of High School Confidential.