News & Notes
Tonight, ABC has the 400th episode of America’s Funniest Home Videos, CBS has the fifth season finale of Cold Case followed by two episodes of Dexter, the second being the first season finale, and FOX has the sixth season finale of Family Guy.
Over on cable, BBC America has the fifth season finale of Wire in the Blood and Showtime has the season two premiere of This American Life.
The Simpsons (FOX): New. Lisa has entered her documentary about the family in the Sundance Film Festival.
Aliens in America (The CW): New. A PTA mom is trying to get “Smutty Books” banned at the school. Claire joins the fight, hoping she won’t have to read Pride & Prejudice.
Desperate Housewives (ABC): New. Lynette and Tom deal with the news of who started the fire at Rick’s place. Edie goes after another discarded Wisteria Lane guy. Runs 62 minutes.
Brothers & Sisters (ABC): New. Holly might be the savior of Ojai, after the big business deal went bad. Saul confesses something. Who else finds the direction of the Justin and Rebecca storyline to be headed in the wrong direction, but still can’t keep your eyes off the screen when Dave Annable and Emily VanCamp are on it. Next week is the season finale.
Cold Case (CBS): Season Finale. Woman thinks she saw her son in the park, but she is a former drug addict and the son was thought to have died three years earlier in an apartment fire.
Dexter (CBS): Repeat. The Ice Truck Killer takes a prisoner who is close to Dexter.
Dexter (CBS): Repeat. The first season ends with Dexter following clues to attempt rescue and Rita’s ex trying to convince her that Dexter is dangerous.
Food Network Challenge (Food Network): Repeat. Confectioners work with sugar to create “Candy Castles.” Plays again later.
The Tudors (Showtime): New. Cromwell is investigating the Roman Catholic Church. Pope Paul III denounces Thomas More’s execution. The queen gets rebuffed. Plays again later.
This American Life (Showtime): Season Premiere. The subject of the first episode of the new season is “Escape.” Read review.
- Army Wives (Lifetime): Repeat. Episode nine, “Nobody’s Perfect,” replays, where Joan returns and surprises Roland. Plays again later.
- Monk (NBC): Repeat. Monk has to deal with a naked man to solve a case, in this episode from season six. Hector Elizondo (Cane) is set to play Monk’s new therapist in the new season this summer.
- Psych (NBC): Repeat. In this episode from season two, “Sixty Five Million Years Off,” Shawn disagrees with the timeline being used by the detectives after a woman washes up on shore.
- ABC has doubleheader NBA playoff action with Game 7 between the Boston Celtics and the Atlanta Hawks followed by the Utah Jazz at the Los Angeles Lakers in Game 1 of their series.
- CBS has final round coverage of the Wachovia Championship golf tournament.
- ESPN has Sunday Night Baseball with the Chicago Cubs at the St. Louis Cardinals.
- NBC has NHL playoff action with the New York Rangers at the Pittsburgh Penguins.
- TBS has MLB action with the New York Mets at the Arizona Diamondbacks.
- Versus has NHL playoff action with the San Jose Sharks at the Dallas Stars.
- Battlestar Galactica (Sci Fi): Repeat. Last Friday’s episode, “The Road Less Traveled,” replays.
- The Riches (FX): Repeat. Last Tuesday’s season two finale episode, “The Lying King,” replays. Runs 62 minutes.
Bravo has six episodes of Project Runway early.
Cartoon Network has 12 episodes of What’s New Scooby-Doo?
Discovery Channel has 10 episodes of Dirty Jobs.
FOX Reality has five episodes of Last Comic Standing.
MTV has 12 episodes of America’s Next Top Model.
The N has 16 episodes of Degrassi: The Next Generation tonight.
Sci Fi has horror movies all day.
TLC has six episodes of Moving Up.
Travel Channel has Ice Cream Paradise, Barbecue Paradise, Hot Dog Paradise, Hamburger Paradise, Steak Paradise, and All You Can Eat Paradise.
WE has six episodes of 20/20 followed by 11 episodes of Women Behind Bars.