News & Notes
Tonight, CBS has the eighth season finale of CSI: Crime Scene Investigation and the sixth season finale of Without a Trace, The CW has the seventh season finale of Smallville and the third season finale of Supernatural, FOX has the spring finale of Are You Smarter Than a 5th Grader?, it will return in June, and the first season finale of Don’t Forget the Lyrics, and NBC has the one-hour third season finale of My Name Is Earl, the one-hour fourth season finale of The Office and the 14th season finale of ER.
Over on cable, Comedy Central has the second season finale of Lil’ Bush: President of the United States.
Regarding eMail Problems: The Feedburner.com service that is used to send out TVaholic’s content via email has been down for a couple of days, but they are supposed to have fixed it. So, hopefully email subscribers will be reading this message in their inboxes today.
Smallville (The CW): Season Finale. Lex is transported to the Fortress after being told he is to defeat the Traveler, where he and Clark face-off. Lana wakes from her coma like state. It has been reported recently that Allison Mack might not return next season, contract negotiations were didn’t seem to be going well, but she has officially signed on to be in all 22 episodes next season. With the departure of Michael Rosenbaum, this is good news indeed.
Grey’s Anatomy (ABC): New. Dr. Wyatt is trying to keep Meredith in therapy. The Chief wants Hahn to do a risky surgery on his mentor. Alex finally learns the truth about Rebecca’s pregnancy. Runs 62 minutes. Next week is the two-hour season finale.
Lost (ABC): New. The fight between the island people and the freighter people begins. This is hour one of a three-hour season finale, but the final two hours won’t play until May 29th. This episode is schedule to replay that night, as well.
My Name Is Earl (NBC): Season Finale. Earl is forced to choose between Billie and his list.
The Office (NBC): Season Finale. Michael wants Toby’s goodbye party to be the party to beat all parties. Dwight and Meredith are breaking in the new human resources person.
Without a Trace (CBS): Season Finale. Five people have been abducted from the same coffee shop and they all have an interesting connection. Will move to Tuesday nights for Fall 2008.
Diners, Drive-Ins & Dives (Food Network): Repeats. Guy gets “Totally Fried” and then checks out places that are “Worth the Trip.” Both play again later.
Titans of Taste (TLC): Repeats. The visionaries behind some of your favorite fast food joints are profiled. Plays again later.
Ace of Cakes (Food Network): Repeats. Ride the “Mary (Alice) Go Round” and then take a “Cake Walk.” Both episodes play again later.
- CSI: Crime Scene Investigation (CBS): Season Finale. Warrick is accused of killing a famous gangster and even he is uncertain of his innocence. This will be Gary Dourdan’s final episode.
- Supernatural (The CW): Season Finale. Dean only has 30 hours left until his deal is up. Sam, Dean and Bobby have a fight to the death with Lilith and her demons to try and save his life. Watch a clip of the call below. (RSS and eMail Subscribers may need to click to the site to view the video)
- ESPN has NBA playoff action with the New Orleans Hornets at the San Antonio Spurs.
- Golf Channel has first round coverage of the AT&T Classic.
- Versus has NHL playoff action with the Pittsburgh Penguins at the Philadelphia Flyers.
- Burn Notice (USA): Repeat. Episode five, “Family Business,” replays. Plays again later. Episode six plays next week. The second season begins in July.
Bravo has 14 episodes of Top Chef.
MTV has seven episodes of America’s Next Top Model.
Oxygen has 16 episodes of Roseanne.
Sci Fi has eight episodes of John Doe early.