News & Notes
Tonight, ABC has the two-hour fifth season finale of Extreme Makeover: Home Edition and the two-hour fourth season premiere of Desperate Housewives, CBS has The 43rd Annual Academy of Country Music Awards, The CW has the third season finale of Everybody Hates Chris, the second season finale of The Game and the series finale of Aliens in America, and FOX has the 19th spring season finale of The Simpsons, the 12th spring season finale of King of the Hill and the third spring season finale of American Dad.
Over on cable, E! has the second season finale of Keeping Up With the Kardashians, History Channel has an Indiana Jones and the Ultimate Quest special, Oxygen has the sixth season finale of Snapped, and Sci Fi has an Indiana Jones special as well, called Mystery of the Crystal Skulls.
The Simpsons (FOX): Spring Season Finale. Lisa gets a TV show of her own.
Aliens in America (The CW): Series Finale. All the kids begin dating someone new. It really is too bad that more people didn’t find this charming and often very funny show.
Desperate Housewives (ABC): Season Finale. Mike and Susan’s new baby gets introduced to the Lane, Gaby is bonding with their drug-dealing tenant, Lynette gets accused of child abuse, and Katherine’s secret is finally fully revealed. Runs two hours.
The Office (NBC): Repeat. The “Launch Party, Part 1 & 2″ episodes replay, where Dwight tries to out sell the website, which is very funny. Thought this was the episode that played last week.
The Office (NBC): Repeat. The “Money, Part 1 & 2″ replays, where Michael is trying to figure out how to get out of debt.
Law & Order: Special Victims Unit (NBC): Repeat. A family of coffee traders are suspected after a woman is found in a burned down loft, in “Trade” from earlier this season.
Food Network Challenge (Food Network): New. Food sculptors compete for a $10,000 prize. Plays again later.
The Tudors (Showtime): New. Anne has a short-lived resurgence and Jane has become the object of Henry’s affections. Plays again later.
This American Life (Showtime): New. This week’s topic is “Going Down in History.” Stories include two convicts that almost escaped from prison MacGyver-style and high school students smiling for class pictures when their lives don’t really have too much to smile about. Plays again later.
- Army Wives (Lifetime): Repeat. Episode 11, “Truth and Consequences,” replays, where Lenore is doing whatever she can to sabotage Claudia Joy’s reputation. Plays again later. Season two premieres June 8th and the screener just arrived, so look for a review soon.
- ABC has NBA playoff action with the Cleveland Cavaliers at the Boston Celtics for Game 7.
- CBS has final round coverage of the AT&T Classic golf tournament.
- ESPN has Sunday Night Baseball with the New York Mets at the New York Yankees.
- NBC has NHL playoff action with the Philadelphia Flyers at the Pittsburgh Penguins.
- TBS has MLB action with the Milwaukee Brewers at the Boston Red Sox early.
- Battlestar Galactica (Sci Fi): Repeat. Last Friday’s episode, “Guess Who’s Coming to Dinner?,” replays.
G4 has Ninja Warrior episodes most of the day.
MTV has 11 episodes of So You Think You Can Dance.
Sci Fi has Raiders of the Lost Ark, Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom, and Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade leading up to a special with Lester Holt of MSNBC called Mystery of the Crystal Skulls, which explores the true history of the legendary relic, unearthing the myths, legends and controversies that surround them. It places twice tonight and multiple times throughout the week.
TLC has seven episodes of The New Detectives.
TNT has nine episodes of Law & Order tonight.
truTV has six episodes of World’s Wildest Police Videos.
VH1 has 10 episodes of The Flavor of Love.
WE has 15 episodes of Bridezillas.