News & Notes
On cable tonight, E! has the second season finale of Keeping Up With the Kardashians, Hallmark Channel has the TV movie premiere of Shark Swarm, HBO has the TV movie premiere of Recount, Oxygen has the first summer season premiere of Captured, and VH1 has the first season finale of Viva Hollywood!
Check out the Ultimate Guide to the Summer TV Schedule – 2008.
Next week is the fourth season premiere of The Next Food Network Star. Take a look at the bios and photos of this season’s contestants.
The Simpsons (FOX): Repeat. Bart gets enrolled in a club and ends up going to war with Millhouse because he is in a different one.
The Simpsons (FOX): Repeat. Marge tells the kids some historical stories when the library runs out of books.
Desperate Housewives (ABC): Repeat. The season four premiere, “Now You Know,” replays. Runs 62 minutes.
Brothers & Sisters (ABC): Repeat. Episode four from this past season, “States of the Union,” replays, where the women head out for a spa treatment and Rebecca is worried about how fast Justin seems to be recovering.
Cold Case (CBS): Repeat. A woman’s disappearance that made headlines during Halloween 1938 gets re-investigated, in “World’s End” from this past season.
Cold Case (CBS): Repeat. The bodies of four missing kids are found in a storage unit and it puts the team on the trail of a serial killer, in “It Takes a Village” from this past season.
The Unit (CBS): Repeat. Jonas and the team end up at a small Army base and organize the soldiers there to hold off a militia that is closing in on them, in “Dark of the Moon” from season two. This will be the show’s new night and timeslot come fall.
Food Network Challenge (Food Network): New. There are 258 people trying to win a BBQ contest in Memphis. Plays again later.
The Tudors (Showtime): New. Anne’s fall comes to completion. Henry agrees with Cromwell’s charge against Anne. Plays again later.
This American Life (Showtime): New. This week’s topic is “Fighters.” Two boxers in Tennessee are in the fight of their lives against each other. Neither can afford to lose, but they grew up together. Kids in New York learn to fight bullies by being funny. Plays again later.
- Army Wives (Lifetime): Repeat. Episode 12, “Rules of Engagement,” replays, where Trevor wants Roxy to find a job on the post after a drunk bothers her and Roland comes to her aid. Plays again later. Season two premieres June 8th and the screener is sitting here on my desk calling me, so look for a review soon.
- Iron Chef America (Food Network): New. New Orleans chef Bobby Iacovone challenges Iron Chef Bobby Flay. Plays again later.
- Recount (HBO): TV Movie Premiere. The story of the 2000 Presidential Election recount in Florida is retold in dramatized fashion. Runs two hours.
- Throwdown With Bobby Flay (Food Network): New. Bobby Flay takes on three former Throwdown contestants, but only one can come out the winner. Plays again later.
- ABC has IndyCar racing with the 92nd Indianapolis 500.
- ESPN has Sunday Night Baseball with Los Angeles Angels at the Chicago White Sox.
- ESPN2 has early round coverage of the French Open tennis tournament.
- FOX has NASCAR racing with the Sprint Cup: Coca-Cola 600.
- NBC has the final round of the Senior PGA Championship.
- TBS has MLB action with my hapless Seattle Mariners at the New York Yankees.
- TNT has NBA playoff action with the Los Angeles Lakers at the San Antonio Spurs in Game 3 of the Western Conference Finals.
A&E has five episodes of The First 48.
BBC America has five episodes of Doctor Who.
Bravo has seven episodes of Project Runway.
Discovery Channel has 10 episodes of Deadliest Catch.
G4 has 14 episodes of Cops early followed by 26 episodes of Unbeatable Banzuke.
History Channel has first five episodes of The States.
MTV has 12 episodes of America’s Next Top Model.
Sci Fi continues their Memorial Day Weekend Movie Marathon today.
truTV has five episodes of Inside.
USA has 10 episodes of Law & Order: Special Victims Unit.
VH1 has 11 episodes of The Flavor of Love.
WE has 13 episodes of Bridezillas.