News & Notes
Over on cable, Lifetime has the two-hour TV movie premiere of Dead at 17 and Sci Fi has the two-hour TV movie premiere of Heatstroke.
Went to see the Sex and the City movie yesterday and you can read my review over at NewMovieFriday.com.
CSI: Crime Scene Investigation (CBS): Repeat. The team is investigating two deaths in and around the bullfights that came to town, in “Bull” from this past season.
EliteXC Saturday Night Fights (CBS): Premiere. They plan on doing four of these a year and this is the first. Tonight you will find Robbie Lawler defending his middleweight championship title against Scott Steel, Kimbo Slice vs. James Thompson, Gina Carano vs. Kaitlin Young, Phil Baroni vs. Joey Villasenor, and Jon Murphy vs. Brett Rogers. Runs two hours.
The Rookie (ABC): Released 2002. Dennis Quaid (Vantage Point) stars in this based on a true story movie about Jim Morris that made it to the major leagues as a pitcher when he was 35-years-old. Runs three hours.
Robin Hood (BBC America): Repeat. The episode from two weeks ago, “The Angel of Death,” replays. Plays again later.
Robin Hood (BBC America): New. After a plan fails, Robin begins to believe that he has a spy in his gang. Plays again later.
Saturday Night Live (E!): Repeat. An old episode with host Lindsay Lohan with musical guest Usher replays.
- The Andromeda Strain (A&E): Repeat. The four-hour miniseries replays twice tonight. A deadly pathogen from a U.S. satellite is spreading through Utah and a reporter has found out about a government conspiracy that may be behind it. Stars Benjamin Bratt (E-Ring), Eric McCormack (Will & Grace) and Ricky Schroder (NYPD Blue). Based on the novel by Michael Crichton.
- Guy’s Big Bite (Food Network): New. Guy cooks up some “South of the Border” steak. Plays again later.
- Tyler’s Ultimate (Food Network): New. Tyler cooks up his “Ultimate Leg of Lamb.” Plays again later.
- ABC has WNBA action.
- CBS has golf coverage with the third round of the Memorial Tournament.
- ESPN2 has NASCAR racing with the Nationwide Series: Heluva Good! 200.
- FOX has MLB action with FOX Saturday Baseball.
- NBC has third round action from the French Open tennis tournament and later on Game 3 of the Stanley Cup Finals.
- MADtv (FOX): Repeat. Sketches include a parody of the BBC.
- Saturday Night Live (NBC): Repeat. Shia LeBeouf hosted with musical guest My Morning Jacket.
Bravo has six episodes of Step It Up & Dance early.
Hallmark Channel has five two-hour McBride TV movies that star John Larroquette (Night Court) as a Perry Mason like lawyer.
Nickelodeon has 14 episodes of Home Improvement late.
Sci Fi has two-hour TV movies dealing with alien invasions all day.
Spike has nine episodes of The Ultimate Fighter.
truTV has six episodes of The Investigators.
WE has eight episodes of Bridezillas.