News & Notes
Over on cable, Discovery Channel has part two of When We Left Earth: The NASA Missions, HGTV has the series premiere of Rate My Space, History Channel has the series premiere of Surviving History and TV Land has the 2008 TV Land Awards special.
NBA Finals (ABC): Game 5. The Boston Celtics beat the Los Angeles Lakers in Game 4 after the Lakers blew a big lead. It was a tale of two halves for the Lakers and the second one totally sucked for them. After shooting lights-out in the first half, they couldn’t get anything going in the second. Will the Celtics close things out or will the Lakers show up and push it to a game six. The game starts around 9:00 p.m. ET with a 30-minute pre-game show. A special Jimmy Kimmel Live: Game Night will air either before or after the game depending on your time zone. Like here in Seattle, Jimmy will be on after the game.
The Simpsons (FOX): Repeat. The city of Springfield has gone broke, but after Lisa goes through the city’s books, she finds millions in uncollected taxes.
Aliens in America (The CW): Repeat. The Tolchuk’s family vacation to Vancouver gets postponed when they have trouble at the airport.
Saturday Night Live: The Best of Mike Myers (NBC): New. Mike Myers shares with you some of his favorite sketches. Runs two hours.
Food Network Challenge (Food Network): New. In “Superstar Food Stylists,” four food stylists compete for the $10,000 prize. Plays again later.
Iron Chef America (Food Network): New. Chef April Bloomfield challenges Iron Chef Michael Symon. Plays again later.
Army Wives (Lifetime): New. Joan is struggling with what to do about her pregnancy. Roxy helps out Betty by taking her in. Pamela is starting to resent the secretiveness of Chase’s work. Last week’s second season premiere episode, “Would You Know My Name,” replay right before. Both episodes play again later.
- In Plain Sight (USA): New. Episode two last weeks was a bit better than the premiere, but I still haven’t fully jumped on board. This week, Mary has to play bridesmaid to protect one of her witnesses. Plays again later.
- Law & Order: Criminal Intent (USA): New. Julianne Nicholson returns as Det. Wheeler and partners up with Logan on the case of a dead gossip columnists and a celebrity sex scandal. Plays again later.
- The Next Food Network Star (Food Network): New. This week the remaining eight competitors each must create a product that markets them. Plays again later.
- ABC has NBA Finals action. See Prime Picks above for more info.
- ESPN has Sunday Night Baseball with the Atlanta Braves at the Los Angeles Angels.
- NBC has golf action with the final round of the U.S. Open Championship with Tiger in the lead and one of only three players in negative numbers.
- TBS has MLB action with the Boston Red Sox at the Cincinnati Reds.
- TNT has NASCAR racing with the Sprint Cup: LifeLock 400.
- Battlestar Galactica (Sci Fi): Repeat. Last Friday’s fourth mid-season finale episode, “Revelations,” replays.
A&E has six and a half hours of Gene Simmons Family Jewels episodes, including a 90-minute episode featuring “The Gene Simmons Roast.”
Discovery Channel has 12 episodes of Deadliest Catch.
Spike has seven episodes of CSI: Crime Scene Investigation that plays twice.
truTV has seven episodes of Most Daring.
VH1 has 11½ hours of Randy Jackson Presents: America’s Best Dance Crew episodes.