News & Notes
Over on cable, Food Network has the series premiere of How’d That Get On My Plate?, which played last night after The Next Food Network Star, HBO has the The Art of Failure: Chuck Connely Not for Sale special, and Travel Channel has the season premiere of Anthony Bourdain: No Reservations.
The Big Bang Theory (CBS): Repeat. Sheldon gets sick and the gang deserts him, leaving Penny to take care of him, in “The Pancake Batter Anomaly.”
How I Met Your Mother (CBS): Repeat. Barney ruins Marshall’s bachelor party, in “Bachelor Party” from season two.
House (FOX): Repeat. House is recruited by the CIA to help figure out what is wrong with an agent dying of some unknown illness, in “Whatever It Takes” from this past season.
CSI: Miami (CBS): Repeat. A team member gets fired due to a personal problem that conflicts with a current case, in “Burned” from season five.
Bones (FOX): Repeat. A young intern is found in the incinerator at the Jeffersonian, in “The Intern in the Incinerator” from this past season.
Two and a Half Men (CBS): Repeat. Charlie is trying to stay away from his soon to be stepsister played by Jenny McCarthy, in “Tight’s Good” from this past season.
The Big Bang Theory (CBS): Repeat. Penny plans a surprise birthday party for Leonard after finding out that he doesn’t usually celebrate his birthday, in “The Peanut Butter Reaction.”
Dateline NBC (NBC): New. Not really a recommendation, but more of a this is slightly better than The Bachelorette reunion special in the final hour of primetime.
Army Wives (Lifetime): Repeat. Last night’s episode, “The Hero Returns,” replays. Plays again Saturday late night and Sunday right before the next new episode.
Unwrapped (Food Network): New. Marc Summers deals with a “Chip Addiction.” A repeat episode precedes it. Both play again later.
How’d That Get On My Plate? (Food Network): Series Premiere. This episode follows “Honey” from the beehive to your table and is hosted by Sunny Anderson (Cooking For Real). Check out more new Food Network summer shows. Plays again later. This episode got a sneak peek playing after The Next Food Network Star last night, but Mondays will be its normal night.
Weeds (Showtime): New. Bubbie has died and the family sits shiva. Then Lenny decides to sell Bubbie’s house now that she is gone. Celia finds out where Nancy is. Plays again later.
Secret Diary of a Call Girl (Showtime): New. Belle is hurt when she finds out that Ben has been keeping his engagement a secret from him. Ben wants to know why he should be telling her everything when she certainly isn’t. Three episodes in and it hasn’t really grabbed me, but this episode sounds like it may have more of the story elements that I have been wanting to see.
- Anthony Bourdain: No Reservations (Travel Channel): Season Premiere. Anthony explores “Laos.” Plays again later. They are also running an all day marathon today leading up to the season premiere.
- Diners, Drive-Ins & Dives (Food Network): New. Guy explores “All Kinds of BBQ.” A repeat episode follows. Both play again later.
- Good Eats (Food Network): New. Alton deals with a “Tuna, Surprise!” Plays again later.
- Gossip Girl (The CW): Repeat. Serena doesn’t want to attend the debutante ball, but her grandmother won’t take no for an answer, in “Hi, Society”
- The Middleman (ABC Family): New. A killer is targeting a group of peaceful aliens that are addicted to plastic surgery. Plays again later. Three episodes in and I am liking this show less and less and I didn’t start out liking it all that much.
- One Tree Hill (The CW): Repeat. Nathan and Lucas attend Dan’s parole hearing, in “Running on Stand Still” from this past season.
- Saving Grace (TNT): Repeat. Episode 12, “Is There A Scarlet Letter On My Breast?,” replays and the first season finale, “Taco, Tulips, Duck and Spices,” replays late night Saturday. The second season premieres next Monday after the fourth season premiere of The Closer and reviews of both episodes are forth coming.
- ESPN has Monday Night Baseball with the Minnesota Twins at the Boston Red Sox.
- ESPN2 has an Arena Football Divisional Playoff game.
- Versus has cycling action with the Tour de France, Stage 3.
- The Bill Engvall Show (TBS): Repeat. Last Thursday’s episode, “Pineblock Derby,” replays.
- In Plain Sight (TBS): Repeat. Last night’s episode, “High Priced Spread,” replays.
Sci Fi has eight episodes of Dark Angel early.
Travel Channel has 10 episodes of Anthony Bourdain: No Reservations.