News & Notes
On cable tonight, BBC America has the series premiere of Primeval, Lifetime has the TV movie premiere of True Confessions of a Hollywood Starlet, Sci Fi has the TV movie premiere of Monster Ark, and TLC has the series premiere of Hope for Your Home.
The Unit (CBS): Repeat. Bob and Jonas try to save the daughter of a friend from a cult in, but things don’t go as planned, in “Off the Meter” from season two.
48 Hours Mystery (CBS): New. A man convicted of killing his parents as a teen has his conviction over turned. Another new episode follows.
Eli Stone (ABC): Repeat. Eli has a vision of the future that prompts him to take on the case of a man who has been denied parole, in “Patience.”
Summer Olympics 2008 (NBC): Day 2. Watch the men’s 400m freestyle and 400m individual medley and the women’s 400m individual medley and 4x100m freestyle relay swimming finals, women’s beach volleyball with USA vs. Japan, and gymnastics with the men’s team competition. Starts an hour before normal primetime and runs four hours.
Road Tasted With the Neelys (Food Network): Repeats. In the first of two episodes tonight, the Neelys visit Minneapolis-St. Paul and in the second, Kansas City. Both episodes play again later.
Primeval (BBC America): Series Premiere. This British show makes its first appearance in the US. It is about a zoologist that investigates rifts in time that allow prehistoric creatures to end up in the present. Plays again later.
Saturday Night Live (E!): Repeat. It’s the “Best of Will Ferrell, Volume 2.” Plays again later.
- True Confessions of a Hollywood Starlet (
NBCLifetime): TV Movie Premiere. A teenage actress gets out of rehab and is forced to live with her aunt and has to learn how to be out of the spotlight. Based on the novel by Lola Douglas. Runs two hours. Plays again tomorrow and Monday nights.
- ABC has NASCAR racing with the Nationwide Series: Zippo 200.
- CBS has third round coverage of the PGA Championship and TNT has earlier coverage.
- ESPN has Little League World Series action with regional finals games all day.
- FOX has MLB action with FOX Saturday Baseball.
- NBC along with other various NBC Universal owned cable outlets will have Olympic coverage. Checkout NBCOlympics.com for listings of what events are playing when and where over the next 16 days.
- Army Wives (Lifetime): Repeat. Last Sunday’s episode, “Casting Out a Net,” replays.
- MADtv (FOX): Repeat. An Oprah parody.
FX has all 13 episodes from the fabulous first season of Damages.
Sci Fi has eight two-hour monster movies.
truTV has 10 episodes of Psychic Detectives.