News & Notes
Over on cable, Sci Fi has the TV movie premiere of Vipers.
Leading up to primetime, The CW is replaying last week’s episodes of Smallville, Gossip Girl and One Tree Hill.
Earlier in the day on cable, G4 is playing the movie Spaceballs followed by the series premiere of Spaceballs: The Animated Series followed by three more new episodes.
In late night, Showtime has the first season finale of I Can’t Believe I’m Still Single.
In Mad Men news, a repeat episode plays tonight, but it will be back with new episodes starting next week. Also, if you want to catch up, there will be a marathon of all eight episodes from this season so far on Thursday, September 25th.
What are you going to watch on Sundays. Click the link to see what the TVaholic will be checking out this season and then tell me what Sunday shows look good to you.
Sunday Night Football (NBC): Cowboys at Packers. The Dallas Cowboys and quarterback Tony Romo head up to the land of the cheese heads to take on the Aaron Rodgers led Green Bay Packers. Game starts about 8:15 p.m. ET.
Privileged (The CW): Repeat. Really liking this show and this is another really good episode. JoAnna Garcia continues to be very charming and funny. You should really give this show a try, if you haven’t already. It’s better than 90210 and less trashy than Gossip Girl.
Cold Case (CBS): Repeat. The murder of a yuppie couple in 1981 is reopened after new direction is found on the case, in last season’s finale episode, “Ghost of My Child.” Another episode from season four replays right before.
Criminal Minds (CBS): Repeat. Frankie Muniz (Malcolm in the Middle) guest stars as a famous comic book artist who may be able to help find a serial killer, in “True Night” from last season.
Food Network Challenge (Food Network): New. It’s an “American Pie Festival” battle, where bakers try to make the best pie. Plays again later.
True Blood (HBO): New. Bill lays claim to Sookie and the other vampires make a hasty retreat. Plays again later.
Entourage (HBO): New. Vince does an appearance at a sweet 16 party. Meanwhile, Ari is kicking things up a notch with Andrew Davies. Runs 30 minutes.
- The 60th Primetime Emmy Awards (ABC): New. I love watching TV and the people who bring it to us each week, but I couldn’t care less about this, or pretty much any other, awards show. I don’t even really know, off the top of my head, who is nominated. What I do know is that many of the shows and people that should be nominated usually aren’t and the ones that are, very seldom win. And, what’s the deal with having five hosts? The show is scheduled to run three hours.
- Army Wives (Lifetime): New. Trevor is in a small accident and also is presented with the Silver Star. Pamela comes face to face with her stalker. Last week’s episode, “Safe Havens,” replays right before. Both play again later.
- Family Guy (FOX): Repeats. The Star Wars spoofing “Blue Harvest, Parts 1 & 2″ episodes replay.
- Feasting on Waves (Food Network): New. Tonight it’s “Island Thyme,” where Alton finds foods and wines made from unexpected ingredients. It’s Feasting on Asphalt, but on a boat visiting islands in the Caribbean. Plays again later.
- Skins (BBC America): New. Michelle ends things with Tony after finding out that he hooked up with Maxxie. Last week’s episode, “Maxxie and Anwar,” replays right before. Both play again later.
- ABC has NASCAR racing with the Sprint Cup: Dover 400.
- CBS has NFL action.
- ESPN has Sunday Night Baseball with the Baltimore Orioles at the New York Yankees in the last game to be played at Yankee Stadium, which will be covered all day on the network.
- ESPN2 has WNBA playoff action.
- FOX has NFL action that includes the St. Louis Rams at my Seattle Seahawks up here in Seattle.
- NBC has Ryder Cup golf action early and later Sunday Night Football with the Dallas Cowboys at the Green Bay Packers.
- TBS has MLB action with the Boston Red Sox at the Toronto Blue Jays.
- Breaking Bad (AMC): Repeat. Episode two, “Cat’s in the Bag…,” replays.
- The Cleaner (A&E): Repeat. Last Tuesday’s episode, “The Eleventh Hour,” replays.
- The Shield (FX): Repeat. Last Tuesday’s episode, “Money Shot,” replays.
- Sons of Anarchy (FX): Repeat. Last Wednesday’s episode, “Fun Town,” replays.
A&E has six episodes of CSI: Miami tonight.
ABC Family has Sandra Bullock movies all day.
MTV has 10 episodes of America’s Next Top Model.
Oxygen has 14 episodes of Snapped tonight.
Sci Fi has snake movies all day.
Spike has eight episodes of CSI: Crime Scene Investigation.
USA has eight episodes of House tonight.
VH1 has eight episodes of I Love the ’80s: 3D.
WE has seven episodes of Bridezillas.