News & Notes
Tonight, MyNetworkTV has the second season premiere of Celebrity Expose.
Over on cable, VH1 has the first season finale of I Want to Work for Diddy and a two-hour 2008 Hip Hop Honors special.
The latest episode of the TV times Three Podcast is available. We talked about shows, actors, etc. that we may hold a contrary opinion on. Do you have a show you like that others don’t or one you can’t stand, but many do? That’s what we discussed. Would love to hear your opinions on the subject.
Switching things up this week and will be on TV Talk with Shaun OMac later today, instead of on Thursday. The show starts at 3:00 p.m. PT and I, along with Amrie from Seat42f, among other places, will be on at 3:20 p.m. PT, so why not drop on in and listen live.
Chuck (NBC): New. Melinda Clarke (The O.C.) guest-stars as a female spy that Chuck must seduce to she if she has info on the chip. John Larroquette (Night Court) guest-stars as a legendary agent who is now retired. He is supposed to help Chuck on the mission. This is another great episode.
Heroes (NBC): New. Peter takes on a dangerous new ability in his pursuit of saving the world from the future he knows. Claire tracks down a villain from her father’s files. I hope they straighten some things out, as it is heading down the too convoluted path.
Life (NBC): New. A cancer researcher is found frozen to death and Crews and Reese are on the case. Crews continues to pursue Jack Reese’s connection to his incarceration. Another new episode plays on Friday, which will be the regular day and time for the show.
The Big Bang Theory (CBS): New. Sheldon gets Penny hooked on online gaming. Really like this show, but wish they would have given us a couple of episodes with Leonard and Penny trying to be together before heading down the path they are on now. What do you think?
How I Met Your Mother (CBS): New. Stella wants to move to New Jersey after the wedding and Ted is caught off guard by the fact. Was so hungry for a burger after last week’s episode.
Prison Break (FOX): New. It’s off to Vegas to retrieve the next card. Sarah learns of Michael’s condition. Looking forward to seeing what Gretchen does with T-Bag.
CSI: Miami (CBS): New. The daughter of Delko’s therapist is murdered and the team searches for the killer, who also seems to have taken the doctor’s files.
Army Wives (Lifetime): Repeat. Last night’s episode, “Thank You for Letting Me Share,” replays.
The Closer (TNT): Repeat. Episode three from this past season, “Cherry Bomb,” replays, where the team is investigates a possible suicide that Brenda thinks may have been murder.
Raising the Bar (TNT): New. Jerry defends a client accused of stealing money from a hit-and-run driver. Plays again later.
- Diners, Drive-Ins & Dives (Food Network): New. Guy takes you to places that are “Cookin’ It Old School.” A repeat episode follows. Both play again later.
- Gossip Girl (The CW): Repeat. This season’s premiere episode, “Summer, Kind of Wonderful,” replays.
- How’d That Get on My Plate? (Food Network): New. See how wheat is harvested and then processed for use in foods. Plays again later.
- Privileged (The CW): Repeat. This is the best show that not a lot of people are watching. The CW is replaying last Tuesday’s episode, “All About the Power Position,” to trying and garner some new viewers.
- Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles (FOX): New. Derek and John are on a mission to protect an important member of the resistance in the future at a military academy. Ellison gets his first assignment from Weaver.
- Two and a Half Men (CBS): New. Alan takes another shot at trying to be like Charlie by dating two women at the same time.
- Unwrapped (Food Network): New. Marc Summers takes a look at “Delicious Duos.” A repeat episode follows. Both play again later.
- ESPN has Monday Night Football action with the Minnesota Vikings at the New Orleans Saints.
- Bones (USA): Repeat. “The Man in the Outhouse” from earlier this season replays.
Oxygen has 17 episodes of Roseanne.
Sci Fi has 13 episodes of Scary but True early.
VH1 has the five-part 100 Greatest Hip Hop Songs.