News & Notes
On cable tonight, A&E has a special episode of Intervention and a Jose Canseco: Last Shot special, Lifetime has the series premiere of Rita Rocks, truTV has the series premiere of Ski Patrol, and VH1 has the series premieres of Real Chance of Love and Scream Queens.
The latest episode of the TV times Three Podcast is available. We talked the shows we think more people should be watching. They included Chuck, Life, Pushing Daisies, and Privileged. What shows do you think aren’t getting the ratings they deserve? Listen to the podcast and let us know what you think.
Chuck (NBC): New. Sarah’s old high school is where some secret plans are going to be sold, so they have to attend the reunion to prevent this from happening.
Heroes (NBC): New. Hiro and others are joining up with Pinehurst, while Peter meets up with his father. Claire and Sandra attempt to save Meredith. I thought last week’s episode would have been a lot better had NBC not ruined it with their promos. That ending would have actually had some impact had you not known anything about the father beforehand.
My Own Worst Enemy (NBC): New. Edward and Raymond are after a German programmer who may have info on a upcoming terrorist attack. I look forward to finding out what direction they take this show.
The Big Bang Theory (CBS): New. The intervention moves up a half hour, as the gang tries to make Sheldon deal with his fear of driving.
How I Met Your Mother (CBS): New. Their exes mess up Stella and Ted’s wedding plans.
Prison Break (FOX): New. Lincoln and Sucre are after the final card. Sarah gets a chance to even the score with Gretchen.
CSI: Miami (CBS): New. Horatio learns that his ex may be on the verge of completely losing it.
Reba (Lifetime): Repeat. The “Pilot” episode replays.
Rita Rocks (Lifetime): Series Premiere. An overworked mother wants a little time for herself and begins playing music with friends in her garage. Read my review.
The Closer (TNT): Repeat. Episode five from this past season, “Dial M for Provenza,” replays.
Raising the Bar (TNT): New. Charlie wants Jerry handling a case of someone Charlie knows. Marcus thinks it is weird that a guy is taking the fall for a robbery. Plays again later.
- Gossip Girl (The CW): New. Vanessa is trying to blackmail Blair to be a nicer person. Blair sends Chuck to seduce Vanessa. Dan and Jenny come across a secret.
- How’d That Get on My Plate? (Food Network): New. Find out how apples go from the orchard to your favorite foods and drinks. Plays again later.
- One Tree Hill (The CW): New. Jaime is being bullied at school. Lucas and Haley are having a bit of trouble getting used to living with the other.
- Samantha Who? (ABC): New. Sam decides she wants to volunteer in Africa, but everyone thinks she will not go through with it.
- Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles (FOX): New. Sarah, John and Cameron are trying to find another name on the list. Derek gets surprised by a woman from his past.
- Two and a Half Men (CBS): New. Charlie tries to help a former teacher of Jake that became a stripper after an encounter with him. Runs 31 minutes.
- Unwrapped (Food Network): New. Marc Summers takes a look at “Salty” snacks. A repeat episode follows. Both play again later.
- ESPN has Monday Night Football action with the Denver Broncos at the New England Patriots.
- Versus has NHL hockey action.
- Bones (TNT): Repeat. “The Perfect Pieces in the Purple Pond” from earlier this season replays.
CMT has six episodes of Trading Spouses: Meet Your New Mommy.
Oxygen has 15 episodes of Roseanne.
Travel Channel has seven episodes of Anthony Bourdain: No Reservations.