News & Notes
Over on cable, Animal Planet has the AKC/Eukanuba National Championship 08/09, CMT has the first season premiere of Cribs, Comedy Central has a Kevin Hart: I’m a Grown Little Man comedy special, Hallmark Channel has the TV movie premiere of The Note II: Taking a Chance on Love, HBO has a Lisa Lampanelli: Long Live the Queen comedy special, Sci Fi has the TV movie premiere of Wyvern, Travel Channel has the first season finale of Treasure Hunter: Kirsten Gum, and TLC has the series premieres of Real Estate Road Test and Deals on the Bus.
Crusoe (NBC): Season Finale. Crusoe and Friday try to fend off a ship full of men, as Blackthorn is trying to find Crusoe’s personal belongings.
NCIS (CBS): Repeat. In “Recoil” from last season, Ziva is undercover, but the serial killer she is tracking may be on to her.
Life on Mars (ABC): Repeat. In “Take a Look at the Lawmen” from Wednesday, a longtime rivalry reignites between to precincts. Sam finds himself attracted to a pretty social worker. This wasn’t the episode that ABC had been advertising for weeks, but it was a really good episode. Although, it was more of a standalone than really pushing the overall story ahead.
Super Bowl’s Greatest Commercials 2009 (CBS): New Special. See some of the best of past Super Bowl commercials, as well as a few made for this year, plus how they were made.
Saturday Nigh Live: Sports Extra (NBC): Repeat. A compilation of sports related sketches that includes Peyton Manning, Derek Jeter, Joe Montana, Michael Jordan and more. Runs two hours.
The Secret Life of … (Food Network): Repeat. Takes a look at the history of “Pizza.” Plays again later.
Unwrapped (Food Network): Repeats. Four episodes play tonight with episodes about “Party Bites,” “Fan Fare,” “Football Parties,” and “Top Dog.”. All four episodes play again later.
- ABC has college basketball action.
- CBS has a college basketball action followed by Round 3 coverage of the FBR Open golf tournament.
- ESPN has college basketball/football action with Notre Dame at Pittsburgh, Oklahoma State at Texas A&M, the College Football All-Star Challenge and capping off the night with Florida at Tennessee.
- ESPN2 has four college basketball games followed by tennis action with the women’s final from the Australian Open.
- Golf Channel has Round 3 action of the FBR Open.
- NBA TV has the Dallas Mavericks at the Miami Heat.
- Versus has college basketball action with UNLV at Air Force.
- The Beast (A&E): Repeat. Thursday night’s episode, “Nadia,” replays. Plays again later. Also replays earlier in the day.
- Burn Notice (USA): Repeat. Thursday night’s episode, “Hot Spot,” replays. Also replays three times earlier in the day alternating with the previous episode, “Do No Harm,” which also plays three times
- MADtv (FOX): Repeat. Repeat episodes will follow the expanded editions of Talkshow With Spike Feresten for the next few weeks.
- Saturday Night Live (NBC): New. Steve Martin hosts with musical guest Jason Mraz.
- Talkshow With Spike Feresten (FOX): New. Dr. Drew Pinsky is one of the guests on this hour long edition.
- Trust Me (TBS): Repeat. Monday’s series premiere episode, “Before and After,” replays.
AMC has three Clint Eastwood spaghetti westerns.
Bravo has eight episodes of Top Chef.
Travel Channel has six episodes of Food Paradise.
truTV has 12 episodes of Masterminds.