News & Notes
Over on cable, Sci Fi has the TV movie premiere of Hydra and VH1 has the first season finale of Confessions of a Teen Idol.
The 81st Annual Academy Awards (ABC): 8:30 p.m. ET. Hugh Jackman hosts the ceremony to honor the best in film from last year. An Evening at the Academy Awards: The Arrivals and The Oscars Red Carpet 2009 plays beforehand. The Barbara Walters Special plays either before or after depending on time zone. Look for a Jimmy Kimmel Live special after your local news.
The Amazing Race (CBS): New. Mother Nature gets in the way of an injured racer and another is looking for a mountain rescue.
Cold Case (CBS): Repeat. In “Glory Days,” this season’s premiere episode, the team is looking at the 1973 murder of a football player that may have had something to do with steroids.
The Unit (CBS): Repeat. In “Sudden Flight” from earlier this season, the team is after a scientist that the same terrorists that tried to assassinate the president are targeting.
Food Network Challenge (Food Network): Repeat. Five cooks compete to build the best burger. Plays again later.
Iron Chef America (Food Network): New. Chef Amanda Freitag takes on Iron Chef Bobby Flay. Plays again later.
United States of Tara (Showtime): New. Tara and Charmaine’s parents are in town for Charmaine’s birthday, but have another motive for being there. Plays again later.
Secret Diary of a Call Girl (Showtime): New. Belle goes to a big party with Bambi. Plays again later.
- Flight of the Conchords (HBO): New. Bret and Jemaine both start to fall for the same woman.
- ABC has NBA action with the Boston Celtics at the Phoenix Suns.
- CBS has college basketball action with Villanova at Syracuse followed by final round coverage of the Northern Trust Open golf tournament.
- ESPN has college basketball action Wisconsin at Michigan State followed by an NBA doubleheader with the Miami Heat at the Orlando Magic followed by the Detroit Pistons at the Cleveland Cavaliers.
- ESPN2 has women’s college basketball action.
- FOX has NASCAR racing with the Sprint Cup: Auto Club 500.
- NBC has NHL action.
- Damages (FX): Repeat. Last Wednesday’s episode, “New York Sucks,” replays.
- nip/tuck (FX): Repeat. Last Tuesday’s episode, “Budi Sabri,” replays. Runs 61 minutes.
A&E has five episodes of CSI: Miami tonight.
Bravo has six episodes of Top Chef early.
History has six episodes of UFO Hunters.
ION has 10 episodes of M*A*S*H tonight.
Oxygen has 11 episodes of America’s Next Top Model.
TLC has 11 episodes of 48 Hours: Hard Evidence.
TNT has continues its 24 hours of Tyler Perry’s House of Payne and Tyler Perry’s Meet the Browns episodes, along with a playing of Tyler Perry’s Diary of a Mad Black Woman.
Travel Channel has 10 episodes of Anthony Bourdain: No Reservations.
truTV has six episodes of Most Daring.
USA has 14 episodes of NCIS.