News & Notes
Over on cable, Animal Planet has the series premiere of River Monsters and a The Making of Me special, Discovery Channel has three Who Was Jesus? specials, Food Network has the eighth season premiere of Food Network Challenge: Last Cake Standing, HBO has the second season premiere of In Treatment, HGTV has the 10th season premiere of My First Place, History has a Ripped Off: Madoff and the Scamming of America, Showtime has the third season premiere of The Tudors and the first season finale of The United States of Tara, Spike has the first season finale of 1000 Ways to Die, and WE has a Women on Death Row 4 special.
In late night, HBO has the series premiere of Russell Simmons Presents Brave New Voices.
Enter our Harper’s Island T-Shirt Prize Pack giveaway.
Kings (NBC): New. David must choose between his family and his king. Jack’s uncle tries to persuade him to turn on his father.
Desperate Housewives (ABC): Repeat. The “Mirror, Mirror” episode from earlier this season replays, where Dave starts messing with Mrs. McCluskey during her surprise party. Runs 61 minutes.
Brothers & Sisters (ABC): Repeat. In the “Glass Houses” episode from earlier this season, Justin and Rebecca are trying to hide their relationship from the family and Kevin’s career ends up in trouble. Starts a minute after the hour and runs 59 minutes.
The 44th Annual Academy of Country Music Awards (CBS): Reba McEntire Hosts. The best in country music is acknowledged. Performances include Toby Keith, Miranda Lambert, Tim McGraw, Rascal Flatts, Sugarland, and Taylor Swift. Runs three hours.
Food Network Challenge: Last Cake Standing (Food Network): Season Premiere. Six pastry chefs compete. Plays again later.
The Tudors (Showtime): Season Premiere. It’s 1536 as the season opens and Henry is marrying Lady Jane Seymour. Plays again later.
United States of Tara (Showtime): Season Finale. Tara attempts to heal by meeting with someone from her past. Plays twice.
- Breaking Bad (AMC): New. Tensions are getting high. Jesse is putting together a crew to sell their product. Plays twice and again later. The show has been picked up for a third season.
- In Treatment (FOX): Season Premiere. Paul has moved to New York after his divorce and opened his practice there. Two new episode play tonight.
- The Simpsons (FOX): New. Moe falls for a woman over the Internet. Homer is trying to spend more time with Maggie.
- ABC has doubleheader NBA action with the San Antonio Spurs at the Cleveland Cavaliers followed by the Phoenix Suns at the Dallas Mavericks.
- CBS has final round coverage of the Kraft Nabisco Championship LPGA tournament.
- ESPN has the Women’s NCAA Championship final four games.
- ESPN2 has MLB action with the Atlanta Braves at the Philadelphia Phillies to kick-off the regular season.
- FOX has NASCAR racing with the Sprint Cup: Samsung 500.
- NBA TV has the Portland Trail Blazers at the Houston Rockets.
- NBC has NHL action followed by final round coverage of the Shell Houston Open golf tournament.
- Damages (FX): Repeat. Last Wednesday’s second season premiere episode, “Trust Me,” replays. Runs 92 minutes.
- Mad Men (AMC): Repeat. The “The New Girl” episode from season two replays.
Comedy Central is playing Scary Movie 2, Scary Movie 3, and Scary Movie 4.
History has 10 episodes of Battle 360.
Oxygen has 11 episodes of America’s Next Top Model.
Spike has 12 episodes of 1000 Ways to Die.
TLC has six episodes of Extreme Forensics.
Travel Channel has 13 hours of Man v. Food episodes.
truTV has six episodes of Most Daring.
USA has 11 episodes of Monk.