News & Notes
Tonight, CBS has The 63rd Annual Tony Awards.
Over on cable, A&E has the fourth season premiere of Gene Simmons Family Jewels, BBC America has the first season finale of Any Dream Will Do and the series premiere of How Do You Solve a Problem Like Maria?< ?em>, Discovery Channel has a The Sun special followed by an Inside Planet Earth special, E! has the series premiere of Kendra: Un-Rappin, Food Network has the fifth season premiere of The Next Food Network Star, Lifetime has the third season premiere of Army Wives, VH1 has the second season premiere of Brooke Knows Best, and WE has a Bridezillas special followed by the sixth season premiere of the show and the second season premiere of Amazing Wedding Cakes.
In late night, E! has the second season premiere of Denise Richards: It’s Complicated and IFC has the second season premiere of Z Rock and the series premiere of Ideal.
Giveaways: Two Boston Legal – Season Five DVD sets and two Prison Break – Season Four – The Final Season DVD sets.
Note: As I mentioned the last few days, it was time to change the Tonight on the Tube posts up a bit. Cable and network best bets will be combined in the Prime Picks and Solid Selections sections and the separate Cable Choices section will be done away with. The two sections will continue to be made up of the best bet for each hour of primetime. Since during the summer, most of the good stuff is on cable, it just looked weird for those shows to not be part of the Prime Picks section. Other Options will still be a combined listing of cable and network shows that play during primetime that might also be worth checking out.
Food Network Challenge (Food Network): New. Four cake designers compete in a “Shrek Cake” challenge. Plays again later.
The Next Food Network Star (Food Network): Season Premiere. The contestants arrive and have to cater a press party for the network’s 16th anniversary. Plays again later.
In Plain Sight (USA): New. After a bridge collapse, families of the victims go after the engineer, who just happened to once be in the witness protection program. Plays again later. Last week’s episode replays earlier in the day.
The Simpsons (FOX): Repeat. Bart gets a perfect score on a practice test and doesn’t have to take the actual test. Homer hasn’t paid his insurance payment, so he is trying extra hard to avoid any accidents.
King of the Hill (FOX): Repeat. Bobby’s Little League coach doesn’t like Hank’s assessment of his son’s baseball abilities.
Law & Order: Criminal Intent (USA): New. Goren and Eames are racing against the clock to find the child of a couple that lost her during a hotel robbery. Plays again later. Last week’s episode replays earlier in the day.
Army Wives (Lifetime): Season Premiere. Things pickup right where they left off at the end of season two with all the cliffhanger elements getting resolved, but new drama develops. Plays again later. This is a really good episode of the show. If you like what they’ve done on the show in the first two seasons of the show, then you’re going to dig what’s going on at the beginning of season three.
- Iron Chef America (Food Network): New. Chef Gaven Kaysen comes into Kitchen Stadium to challenge Iron Michael Symon. Plays again later.
- ABC has Game 2 action from the NBA Finals with the Orlando Magic at the Los Angeles Lakers. There is a pregame show and a Jimmy Kimmel Live special that airs before or after depending on your time zone.
- CBS has final round golf action from The Memorial Tournament.
- ESPN has Sunday Night Baseball with the Philadelphia Phillies at the Los Angeles Dodgers.
- TBS has MLB action early with the Texas Rangers at the Boston Red Sox.
- TNT has NASCAR racing action with the Sprint Cup: Pocono 500.
- Burn Notice (USA): Repeat. Last Thursday’s third season premiere episode, “Friends and Family,” replays.
- The Closer (TNT): Repeats. A 21 episode marathon begins playing leading up to tomorrow night’s fifth season premiere episode.
- Rescue Me (FX): Repeat. Last Tuesday’s episode, “Thaw,” replays. Runs 61 minutes.
Discovery Channel has five episodes of Out of the Wild: The Alaska Experiment.
MTV has five and half hours of I’m a Celebrity Get Me Out of Here! episodes that has been playing on NBC.
Oxygen has 12 episodes of America’s Next Top Model.
TLC has six episodes of Untold Stories of the E.R.
truTV has 12 episodes of Hot Pursuit.
You do a wonderful job! I think everyone should subscribe!
Kay, Thanks! It’s always nice to hear from someone that likes what we do here.