News & Notes
Note: I changed the Tonight on the Tube posts up a bit beginning last Thursday, so this notice has been showing up for a week now, which should be long enough for most people to have seen it. So, anyway the cable and network best bets will be combined in the Prime Picks and Solid Selections sections and the separate Cable Choices section has been dropped. These two sections will continue to be made up of the best bet for each hour of primetime, but since during the summer, most of the good stuff is on cable, it was just to strange for those shows not to be part of the Prime Picks. The Other Options section continues to be a combined listing of cable and network shows that play during primetime that might also be worth checking out.
So You Think You Can Dance (FOX): New. The Top 20 dancers compete for the first time. Runs two hours.
The Unusuals (ABC): New. Shraeger and Walsh are investigating the death of a drug store owner, while Delahoy gets the medical examiner to give him an MRI. Starts a minute after the hour and runs 59 minutes.
The New Adventures of Old Christine (CBS): Repeat. In “Snakes on a Date” from this past season, Christine accepts a date with a guy to try and get Ritchie into the Reptile Club.
Gary Unmarried (CBS): Repeat. In “Gary Goes First” from this past season, Allison and Gary are trying to introduce their kids to new experiences first.
MythBusters (Discovery Channel): New. The guys try to see if a sonic shockwave can break some glass, while the rest of the gang tries to curve some bullets. Plays again later.
Dinner Impossible (Food Network): New. Robert has eight hours to cook a dinner for 250 Mattel VIPS for “Barbie’s Birthday Celebration.” Plays again later.
- Bones (TNT): Repeat. In “The Girl in the Mask” from this past season on FOX, a friend of Booth’s from Japan asks for his help searching for his sister that has gone missing.
- Leverage (TNT): Repeat. The series premiere episode, “The Nigerian Job” replays.
- Throwdown With Bobby Flay (Food Network): New. Bobby competes in a “German Chocolate Cake” battle followed by a replay of the “Red Velvet Cake” battle. Both play again later.
- Tyler Perry’s House of Payne (TBS): Repeats. Six episodes replay. Four leading up to the two new episodes of Meet the Browns and two more after.
- Tyler Perry’s Meet the Browns (TBS): New. Two new episodes follow season finale of House of Payne.
- ESPN has Wednesday Night Baseball with the New York Yankees at the Boston Red Sox.
- In Plain Sight (USA): Repeat. This past Sunday’s episode, “Duplicate Bridge,” replays.
Bravo has 12 episodes of Top Chef leading up to the premiere of Top Chef Masters.
MTV has 10 episodes of Parental Control.
Sci Fi has six episodes of All Souls early.
USA has 12 episodes of NCIS.